We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fullflex/Bravofly insurance added on Last Minute flight scam

Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Fullflex/Bravofly insurance added on Last Minute flight scam

I booked a flight on Last Minute.com and purposely opted out when they asked about insurance, there was even a 'pop up' stating what would I do if I couldn't fly, or similar. I then continued with my booking, made payment and was both surprised and annoyed when they had charged me for it, despite me purposely opting out.

So I rang Last Minute straight away, who told me they were a 3rd Party, to email them direct. I did this, also noticed they have a 14 day cooling off period with a different email address to what Last Minute.com gave me, I emailed this as well. No response from either as yet. I have tried for a number for them, no success, does anyone know one?

I am very annoyed, and feel this is a scam, pure and simple, I know I opted out, but still was charged. I've had a look online, and see i'm not the only one this has happened to, and they have bad reviews anyway. But I didn't want it in the first place!

Any success stories on getting the money back, and via what route, thanks?

17 replies to this topic
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fullflex/Bravofly insurance added on Last Minute flight scam

This just happened to me!!!! WHATTT! Not sure if I want to go through the pain for £23! How did you go?

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,050 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fullflex/Bravofly insurance added on Last Minute flight scam

You paid by credit card, right? Contact your card issuer and ask how you can dispute the charge. One phone call will probably sort it and you can do it now.

Edited: 07 October 2017, 19:06
Stockholm, Sweden
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fullflex/Bravofly insurance added on Last Minute flight scam

Happened through Skyscanner as well, its Bravofly that is the problem. Added 100 EUR to my trip when I actively opted out. SCAM is the only word. Will never use them again, Skyscanner and Lastminute should block them, this type of behaviour is nothing they should want to be associated with.

BRAVO FLY INSURANCE SCAM

Stockholm, Sweden
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fullflex/Bravofly insurance added on Last Minute flight scam

Ha, just saw that Bravofly is owned by Lastminute. So much for that third party.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,008 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fullflex/Bravofly insurance added on Last Minute flight scam

Why book with very well-known shoddy 3rd party agents ?, its just completely stupid as has been repeatedly stated on here thousands of times already.

Chiasso, Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,266 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fullflex/Bravofly insurance added on Last Minute flight scam

Hi Vikingshavemorefun,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. We are extremely sorry to read that you have had cause to complain regarding our services and felt the need to post a review here on Tripadvisor.

FullFlex is an optional service on our website and can be added to a reservation on 2 occasions. The first one is when all the details of the policy are shown with the relevant price, while the second one is when a popup message reminds the customer of this service shortly before payment. If the customer doesn't decline the purchase of FullFlex by clicking on the relevant button in the popup, it will be added to the booking request.

Customers can withdraw from FullFlex within 14 days from the date of purchase so I'd like one of our Customer Care Agents to check your reservation and get back to you. Could you please reply to our private message with more details and confirming your Bravofly ID.

Kind regards,

Bravofly

London, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fullflex/Bravofly insurance added on Last Minute flight scam

I have also just been charged - my booking ended up in the manual queue and took 3 hours to process. A call to the callcentre and they say they have refunded the additional £37

Why are they still doing this ? Shouldn't a regulator be acting?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
11,246 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fullflex/Bravofly insurance added on Last Minute flight scam

A better solution would be for people to research who they're considering buying from and vote with their feet.practice would cease within a fairly short time if folk stopped buying blind from them

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
71,268 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fullflex/Bravofly insurance added on Last Minute flight scam

With a bit of luck, if a lot more people looked into Bravofly et al first, then avoided them because of their poor reputation, they would go out of business.

But then, I suppose equally dreadful booking sites would soon spring up to replace them and catch people out, at least for a while, even if we are all more vigilant.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fullflex/Bravofly insurance added on Last Minute flight scam

This has just happened to me, when I booked through lastminute but I called them right after and it was very easy to get the fullflex cancelled.

Reply to: Fullflex/Bravofly insurance added on Last Minute flight scam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted