We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priceline.com haven't charged me for ticket I booked?!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Priceline.com haven't charged me for ticket I booked?!

I recently purchased a flight ticket through Priceline.com. However, when I checked my bank, the $161 hasn't came out of my account. I called up my bank and they said that there were no pending transactions coming out of my account and they suggested that I call the airline. So I called the airline (Spirit... I know, so bad) and they confirmed that I was indeed on the flight and they managed to book my hand luggage while I called which was convenient. But he couldn't say why Priceline.com hadn't taken payment and that I should just wait it out as these companies usually take 3-7 days to take payment. I don't know why but I am still SUPER sceptical because I am always so weary of these kind of companies that take your money later, or they just have bad customer reviews in general. I've never had this happen to me before and even though Spirit Airlines have confirmed that I am on the flight, I am still nervous about using Priceline to book my ticket and if it is a reputable company or not... or even when on earth they will take my money?! Has this happened to anyone before using Priceline?

Edited: 01 June 2017, 23:34
12 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,898 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Priceline.com haven't charged me for ticket I booked?!

Priceline are reputable. Next time ask before you book.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,162 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Priceline.com haven't charged me for ticket I booked?!

why don't you call priceline and ask them? They and only they can help you . I don't think it matters what someone else experienced. What matters is your specific case

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
60,680 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Priceline.com haven't charged me for ticket I booked?!

Since Spirit has your booking, you know your transaction was processed by Princeline. As suggested, call PL direct though to make sure the booking exist.

I once booked a "hidden" discount hotel on lastminute.com. Upon completion of the transaction, they emailed me a receipt, and the payment went through my credit card. However, they never sent the confirmation necessary to check-in. I had to call them direct to ask for it to be sent which was then done right away. Just to be safe, I called the hotel before my trip to ensure they had my booking. Everything went smoothly but 3rd party sites do make me nervous.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Priceline.com haven't charged me for ticket I booked?!

Sophie: It sounds like you used a debit card and not a credit card. Their pending and payment methods are not the same as each other.

I used my debit card at a restaurant 2 weeks ago. 5 days later a pending amount showed up, short of what I signed the tab for. That amount stayed pending for 3 days, then disappeared for 2, then reappeared correctly.

It was a waiting game.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Priceline.com haven't charged me for ticket I booked?!

Why would you use PL to book a ticket on Spirit?

Canton, Michigan
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Priceline.com haven't charged me for ticket I booked?!

Did you ever figure this out? I'm dealing with this same situation right now.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Priceline.com haven't charged me for ticket I booked?!

If you are so nervous about using priceline to book your airline ticket, why did you?

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Priceline.com haven't charged me for ticket I booked?!

If you have a concern about a company, why wouldn’t you call them?

Brighton, Colorado
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Priceline.com haven't charged me for ticket I booked?!

Melody G did they every charge you for your ticket? I am booked on icelandair but priceline has not taken the money from my account either. It has been over a week?

2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Priceline.com haven't charged me for ticket I booked?!

DID You ever get billed?

Reply to: Priceline.com haven't charged me for ticket I booked?!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted