We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never book at kiwi.com

Portland, Oregon
1 post
Never book at kiwi.com

Worst booking experience ever! Booked me out of a different airport I selected, notified right a way. Was told that the booking I thought I was booking was 22% more, offered to pay that. They said nope 460 more dollars on a 350 buck flight or have a nice drive four hours to and from Seattle! Never book here, crooks

35 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
23,733 posts
377 reviews
1. Re: Never book at kiwi.com

Research is key when spending that kind of money. If you'd done any here on the TA forums before booking you may have booked elsewhere.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
33,904 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Never book at kiwi.com

Had you bothered to research kiwi before giving them your money you would have seen hundreds of genuine complaints, and you would have run away. Pity you've done this the wrong way round.

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Never book at kiwi.com

I totally agree. I was lured to them by Kayak.com, which I will never use again! It's a painful and costly lesson. I wish I had been warned about this kind of trap! They have outrageous fees and the fares are usually more expensive than booking directly with the airlines. To great extent Kayak is poisonous and kiwi.com is just part of the scam.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
59,101 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Never book at kiwi.com

Caveat: I have no affiliation with any third party booking websites.

'They have outrageous fees' 'Outrageous' is subjective; the fees are disclosed. 'the fares are usually more expensive than booking directly with the airlines.' Yes, because as with quite a few third party websites they do not have live prices.

'To great extent Kayak is poisonous and kiwi.com is just part of the scam.' Kayak is not 'poisonous' and there is no scam. For that matter, you were not 'lured' to kiwi.com by Kayak but clicked through to the site of your own accord.

There is a determination by many who complain about third party booking sites that they were 'forced' or 'lured' to the third party sites, although it's unlikely there was any coercion involved. The consumer *always* has the option to complete the booking or not.

Not keen to pay fees to kiwi dot com? Don't do it; instead close the screen and move on.

Boston...
Level Contributor
48 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Never book at kiwi.com

kiwi.com is a Czech Republic company that operates out of Prague. It 'partners' with booking sites like Kayak.com to grab business from the US but it plays by Czech's rules. So, for Americans to use such foreign broker would be very very unwise. kiwi.com has hidden fees that will bite their unsuspected customers in a very painful way. The best thing is to STAY WAY FROM kiwi.com AND from Kayak.com. kayak.com has become a very untrustworthy company now. Not only it's an service that may not save you money, but it also serves as a trap that would cause so much harm and unpleasant surprises to inexperienced travelers.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
16,074 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Never book at kiwi.com

Nothing wrong with Kayak unless you check your brain at the door when using it.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
220 reviews
7. Re: Never book at kiwi.com

Too boring to book directly with the airline. Live a little and book via 3rd party sites. What could go wrong?

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
20,907 posts
112 reviews
8. Re: Never book at kiwi.com

Kayak is a very good search engine FULL STOP. It accepts advertising from third parties and then people, who do not think, choose one of those without researching who they are about to throw money at.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
72,760 posts
476 reviews
9. Re: Never book at kiwi.com

Kayak can only be a trap if you don't understand that it's a search engine and don't check out the companies that advertise there. Julia, I'm afraid you're wrong in putting so much of the responsibility at Kayak's door. You might be glad that you've deleted their app, but you'll find that there are lots of other sites out there to avoid.

Unless you learn to research companies before you give them money, then I fear you'll fall victim again in the future. Fnding out where an outfit like Kiwi.com is based is a very important part of that research.

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,249 posts
52 reviews
10. Re: Never book at kiwi.com

>>> I was lured to them by Kayak.com <<<

Are you not capable of taking responsibility for your own actions? Kayak is a search engine, nothing more, nothing less, all it does is present you with a series of options to choose from. You chose Kiwi.com , for a reason best known to yourself.

Reply to: Never book at kiwi.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted