We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opodo flight cancellation

3 posts
Save Topic
Opodo flight cancellation

Please, can somebody help me?

I am trying to reach Opodo for 3 day, they gave me some phone numbers via e-mail to cancel my flight, but I cannot reach them.

I bought ticket via Opodo and flight company Lufthansa. Lufthansa canceled my flight when I asked, but to refund my money (176,50 EU) I must contact Opodo.

How can I reach them to get my money back???

I sent them over 30 e-mail but nothing concretely they have answered me.

Please, help!!

11 replies to this topic
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,280 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opodo flight cancellation

Unless you bought a very expensive refundable ticket cancelling doesn't mean you get a refund. €176.50 isn't going to be a refundable ticket. As you booked via an agent the airline shouldn't have cancelled it. They should have directed you to the agent to do it.

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Opodo flight cancellation

Why isn't a refundable ticket? Lufthansa told me to refund it via Opodo.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
54,689 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Opodo flight cancellation

We don't know for sure if it was a refundable ticket. We also don't know why Lufthansa cancelled the ticket when they should have advised you to do it through your agent. All I can say is that the majority of flight tickets are non refundable, so it's more likely that what you bought was non refundable.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,884 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Opodo flight cancellation

What is the fare code for your ticket?

An airline may well cancel a ticket if you ask for it to be cancelled. That doesn't mean it's refundable.

Edited: 20 December 2016, 22:59
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,250 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Opodo flight cancellation

Lufthansa told me to refund it via Opodo.

===================

You appointed Opodo as your agent when you booked with them, therefore, any refund (or not), has to be actioned by them.

Opodo have a rep. who posts on TA - click on their username and then 'Send message'. Be sure to include your booking reference and any details. Don't put personal details (reference / name) on the forum:

https:/…Opodo_Int

Next time book directly with the airline.

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Opodo flight cancellation

Thank you

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3,226 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Opodo flight cancellation

>> Lufthansa told me to refund it via Opodo. <<

any refund due will need to come from Opodo. Lufthansa will pass the refund due to Opodo and Opodo will pass it on to you (likely less their £25 admin fee)

This does not mean that your full ticket cost will be refunded, only what the fare type states. This may be zero, this may be some taxes and, for the most expensive, fully refundable tickets this may be the whole lot (less the admin fee)

It does not sound like a refundable fare from the cost. If you quote the route, someone may well be able to match the fare the the fare code (if you do not know it) and advise whether there is likely to be anything to be refunded (I suspect not)

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Opodo flight cancellation

Please cancelled my fight with Turkish airlines is to longue fight for me because my back pains

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,485 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Opodo flight cancellation

#8 this is the public forum of Trip Advisor not your airline. I'm afraid we can't help with your cancellation. You need to contact whoever you booked with and/or your travel insurance company.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,974 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Opodo flight cancellation

Please cancelled my fight with Turkish airlines is to longue fight for me because my back pains

============

What a necropost that one is!

Can't wait for the eCrooks reply.

Edited: 23 August 2017, 14:16
Reply to: Opodo flight cancellation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted