We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates Price Match

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
917 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Emirates Price Match

Anyone has successfully made a claim before? Seriously I do not understand their policy that says best price guarantee, especially No.3 We cannot consider lower fares found on emirates.com at a later time.

emirates.com/sg/english/plan_book/emirates_b…

1 Book online and pay immediately at emirates.com

2 Make sure that the lower Emirates fare you have found is on another website where you can book the same Emirates flights.

3 We cannot consider lower fares found on emirates.com at a later time.

4 Before midnight of the day of purchase, fill in and submit our online claim form.

23 replies to this topic
North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emirates Price Match

I'm no Einstein but it seems clear to me. What don't you understand?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
57,466 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emirates Price Match

Have you called Emirates and asked them ? They are the official owners of their own policy so perhaps you can call and ask them all the questions you have

Midnight of the same day vs. fares at a later date !

It is clear to me as well.

Edited: 14 November 2016, 07:31
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emirates Price Match

What exactly don't you understand? Seems pretty straight forward to me from what you posted OP

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
917 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emirates Price Match

Wonder why are they not honouring their own website fares? In this case, how are passengers that booked with them directly able to assured a best fare with the same exact itinerary, same date same time.

Edited: 14 November 2016, 08:31
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
12,456 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emirates Price Match

The lower price has to be found on another website, not on Emirates own website.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,437 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Emirates Price Match

Ticket prices are fluctuating over time. The best price guarantee offers you the peace of mind that you can book best directly with the airline.

However the price can go up or down on their own website over time.

Again, the best price offers peace of mind versus third parties but not versus time.

To me it seems logic and is well explained.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
917 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Emirates Price Match

The fact that an airline control, offer, and more importantly control its price through direct and indirect channels and then challenge the customer with a promise to refund if they find it cheaper than what they offer through their own web channel, is quite hard to comprehend.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,437 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Emirates Price Match

<<control its price through direct and indirect channels>>

That would be nice. No airline controls indirect channels. An indirect channel is free to offer tickets with negative margins.

That is why Emirates offers the guarantee that if somebody should offer the same flight on the same date of booking cheaper that they will reimburse the passenger for the difference.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,374 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Emirates Price Match

It's extremely clear ... if you find an exact match on another site they will match the fare.

If they have thier own sale after you have purchased tney will not match that fare.

That's pretty clear ... if you buy a car you can't get some money back when they do a discount later on in the year.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
12,456 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Emirates Price Match

Hopefully its now clear to the OP

Reply to: Emirates Price Match
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted