We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Occidental Vacation Club Scam

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Occidental Vacation Club Scam

If you are staying at any of the Occidental hotels, and are being pressured to purchase a vacation club membership, do not

buy it!!!! This is the biggest scam out there! The agent will show you a spectacular room with flat screen televisions, and beautiful accompaniments, but when you stay there you'll get a second rate room with none of the niceties they showed you. If you are unfortunate enough to have already bought a membership, it is basically worthless, as they sell on EBAY for $5.00

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Occidental Vacation Club Scam

I agree. I bought a timeshare at the occidental in Aruba. Once they conned my ex wife I was forced into it. I paid $8000 (eight thousand American dollars) and put it up for sale after using it once after the "renovation". Only received 3 offers, none more than $1500. The occidental grand Aruba is the only place in Aruba where I've had a bad meal. And I had one at every restaurant in the hotel. They are all awful and I would never do the all inclusive again. I'd rather overpay for drinks and eat good food everywhere else in Aruba.

Edited: 24 January 2011, 22:03
2. Re: Occidental Vacation Club Scam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2017, 18:57
3. Re: Occidental Vacation Club Scam

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2017, 18:57
4. Re: Occidental Vacation Club Scam

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 June 2013, 17:45
5. Re: Occidental Vacation Club Scam

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 June 2013, 17:47
6. Re: Occidental Vacation Club Scam

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 05:11
Edited: 16 July 2014, 05:11
Houston, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Occidental Vacation Club Scam

The Occidental scam is real and is not the CA location mentioned above. It primarily targets young couples and untraveled guests. Once you buy the timeshare, it's impossible to talk to anyone about anything, even there owner's web portal for support is disabled. When you find your way through to speak with someone it's an International connection with very little English spoken. Our investment of 14k for a lifetime of visits turns out to be a 99 year lease agreement you can't get out of with annual fees. Also you discover you expected an all exclusive resort visit, but that's not the case. It now costs more to travel to the resort having a no-cost room and being stuck with very high resort food and drink costs, that we no longer make the trip. We were suckers, please don't buy it!

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
15,462 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Occidental Vacation Club Scam

Nobody is saying it's not real, but the presence of these posts in the forum for Occidental, California unfairly implies a connection.