We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is anyone an H10 Premium member?

Connecticut
4 posts
Save Topic
Is anyone an H10 Premium member?

My finace and I recently purchased an H10 Premium vacation package that includes the use of 3 studios (any 3 weeks out of the year) at any of the H10 Premium affiliated resorts. The sales person said that we could rent out these studios and receive at least a $500 return from a vacation broker. Can anyone provide a reference for a vacation broker to rent our studios or any guidance how we go about doing this?

Thanks!

241 replies to this topic
Halifax, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
121. Re: Is anyone an H10 Premium member?

We bought our H10 membership in December 2010, while vacationing with our young children in Mexico at the Ocean Coral.

It has been nothing but a huge DISAPPOINTMENT and very STRESSFUL since the day we signed!!!!!

What we were sold and what we actually got are two entirely different products. We have given this program over one year of trying to work with it, and the value simply isn't there. We travelled to Ocean Blue & Sand for a wedding with other guests, and the "regular" travellers got a far better vacation price than we did through H10, even when they upgraded!!!

I would not recommend this program to anyone. They prey on relaxed vacationers, and don't give you any time to really research the product when you get home. Our RCI info didn't arrive until 2 months after we got back from vacation, by then the cancellation time was past. We had a bad feeling after we signed and should have trusted that feeling.

We are heading back to Mexico next month to deal with this face to face. Nothing short of a full refund (minus inventory we used) will do...wish us luck...we are certainly going to need it while dealing with these con artists!!!

Edited: 29 March 2012, 04:04
Paris, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
122. Re: Is anyone an H10 Premium member?

We recently visited the Ocean Maya- Cancun H10 and agreed to attend the "info session" around how to maximize our vacation and become premium members. Knowing this was a timeshare presentation we went as they offered a $100 credit even if we declined for the 1 hour of our time. The presentation took 3 hours in total with a lot of high pressure sales tactics to make you feel like you are completely missing out if you don't say yes. They argue and argue and drop the price to the point that you feel like you must be crazy not to say yes. When asked to think about it they said we could take a few moments outside to discuss. I wasn't feeling comfortable with not being able to research or make an informed decision and my gut was telling me there was more to it than this so we didn't sign up. I was very disappointed with how they really made you feel uncomfortable for saying no. I said multiple times " No Im not going to go ahead, no Im not interested, I have changed my mind, what do I need to sign to leave" and they kept pressuring us until I just said we were leaving if there wasn't anything else to be signed.

Be careful- When something seems to good to be true it may be. If this was an up and up deal they would allow you a day to make an informed and educated decision that you are comfortable with. Probably why so many people on here have such big regrets.

Good luck to everyone who purchased- Hope you can find some enjoyment of the travel.

Philippi, WV
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
123. Re: Is anyone an H10 Premium member?

Every contract is different. I bought one in November of 2011 and returned to Ocean Coral in March. By my understanding, I have 2 studio weeks per year for 25 years at H10 + 15 vacations through RCI + 20K points/year through RCI. I can't imagine you'd only get one studio week over the life of your contract.

As for my vacation this past March. I had a good time, as far as it's value... I still had to pay the $89/day all-inclusive fee + airfare. My membership vacation came to $2400 for the two of us, but we got an ocean-view room during peak season. Still it wasn't free. I should have thought of all this during the sales pitch, but I'm not too upset. Sure it wasn't the bargain I thought it was, but I'll enjoy it for the next 25 years and I think I saved $300-400 over booking without the membership. At that rate it'll take the whole 25 years to recoup the $10K I paid, but now I have a reason to take a vacation. I think I'll eventually break out even.

I think from now on, I'll try to take my weeks two at a time (to make it a two-week vacation for $3600).

I have yet to attempt usage of my 20K points from RCI. I'm disappointed to learn using all 20K will only get me a $200 reduction in airfare (as described by a previous poster). I'd hoped it'd be more.

Halifax, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
124. Re: Is anyone an H10 Premium member?

All of the comments on this forum or true, it is such a scam that my husband and I went to a wedding in Dominican in Feb.7/2012 and joined H10 and paid in full thinking that everything was on the up and up when we tried to book again what a scam we informed them in writting that we would cancel our membership on Feb.14 /2012when we returned home...We received so many calls asking us to try again so we gave in and went toCancun Mexico on March 21st and they could not supply us with and Ocean Front room as promised and the room smelled like Mold ..I am a Cancer patient so 2 days later they moved us from Ocean Maya to Coral and Turquesa..don't forget this is them making up the bad experiences? We then flew to Punta Cana Dominican Rep. to Ocean Blue and Sand again could'nt give us what we wanted,so negotiations started again to cancel membership...We used 13 days of two free weeks to give them a second chance..So again on April 2 the day before we left Dominican we emailed from there computer a cancellation letter on Breach of Contract...I have all the emails back and forth and all the problems I just wanted all my money Back!!! We were supposed to have 4 jr.suties four times a yearX25 years and 4 free weeksand 80,000. RCI points? We now have more than 80,000 points because we went to Mexico 2 resorts and Punta Cana Ocean Blue &Sand and we still have 2 free Weeks and the only inventory we have used is two free weeks, so now they are offering us a refund of 30% less the two free weeks we used at 2,780. less and extraordinary expensed to cancel our membership for the second time in less than one month after them trying to make our experience better...NO DICE they are not getting away with this....Any Reporters or any Journalist that would like this story and alll the emails back and forth are welcome to write about this scam and now they have more than we started with and won't refund unless we give up 30% plus,plus,plus...There is a member that set up a WEB Site with tags to all there hotels and he Received a full Refund with the condition to take the WEBSITE OFF the Web if that person would please reply or anyone that can set up a Web site of complaints I will gladly pay for that Service...They can't keep getting away with this!!! Please Reply anyone with any Ideas...We have been to three of the Hotels in less than a month...It's Not worth it ! Get out if you can....Don't pay full amount they will gouge you for more than 30% and Free weeks my butt....and Adminstration Fees again......PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Halifax, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
125. Re: Is anyone an H10 Premium member?

You go girl...My complaints are the same plus..The people to get in touch with are Luis Castillo and Antonio Penafort, Luis Castill takes care of Mexico and Dominican Resorts and Mr. Antonio Penafort is his Boss.....We need a class action Suit ...With everyone that has been ripped off for whatever reason and I myself have a two inch file fold full for one month of membership!

DALLAS, TX
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
126. Re: Is anyone an H10 Premium member?

You went on vacation for 13 days on them and you don't expect to have to pay for it? The agreement says that you can't even use any of your membership until it has been in effect for 6 months, so they obviously made an exception trying to appease your whinning a--. I have owned H10 for 4 years and paid off my membership without any problems whatsoever. I have used 2 of my free weeks and have reservations to use 1 of my studio weeks in July. Yes, the rooms do smell musky when you first arrive because YOU ARE ON THE OCEAN WITH HIGH HUMIDITY, this goes away after the a/c has been turned on for a few hours. I think you purchased something that you really can't afford and now you want to blame them for your own stupid mistake.....Well good luck with that.

Halifax, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
127. Re: Is anyone an H10 Premium member?

I really can afford it and I do live on the Ocean, I am glad it is working out for you !....I hope you never have any issues when you travel to Spain or the Canaries, I think you are in for a surprise!!!Thanks for your comments but unless you know what people can afford I don't think it is appropriate to comment.....Good Luck and I hope you don't have any problems in the next four years...LOL

DALLAS, TX
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
128. Re: Is anyone an H10 Premium member?

I like the way you addressed the real issue here, you took a 2 week vacation and expect H10 to refund all of your money. Life or business just doesn't work like that and I'm sure you are smart enough to realize that. If you don't like the H10 resorts, use your RCI points to go anywhere in the world. 80,000 points is enough to go pretty much anywhere for 2 weeks or more per year.

I have used free weeks at the Ocean Coral, I have used studio weeks at the Ocean Blue, I have used RCI points for hotel rooms, vacation cards (which they no longer offer) and for a 2 bedroom condo at Disney World during the week of Christmas. I get my money's worth out of the program. I suggest to the rest of you whinners to quit whinning and discover the program and get out there and vacation and enjoy the program. After all, it was the thought of vacationing that got you to sign on the dotted line.

Sorry, but you people wear me out because you are so wrapped up in your whinning to really take advantage of the program, and like it or not, that is not H10's fault.

Halifax, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
129. Re: Is anyone an H10 Premium member?

Sorry! but I don't whine maybe you should Work for H10!!! I didn't say I wanted them to pay for my free weeks but I don't expect to pay 30% and Inventory used(13 free days)and administrative charges again when all the problems started the day after we signed and we cancelled in 7 days and then gave them a chance to pull up their socks and they failed again drastically. Do you think they would really give us 2 weeks of our 4 free weeks if there wasn't a problem??? I don't want them to pay for my free weeks but now they have all inventory plus more RCI points than what we started with! I would like a full refund minus the inventory we used and adminstration fees not this amount plus 30% or take 30% and give us our 13 days free ...I beat 4th stage cancer I am a fighter Not a whinner...Bring it on!...If you are happy with your situation I am happy for you, so what are you doing on the complaints forum??????Do you work for them? You needed to negotiate like a real business at the beginning and maybe you could have used a free week more than once a year!.....When a Member being the Bride pays $450. more as an individual price than what the 60 guests paid through a tour company there is something wrong with that picture!!! Trust me there are a lot of Members Not Happy with this program for numerous reasons..If you are so happy with yours get on the I'm Happy forum and get off this one..

DALLAS, TX
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
130. Re: Is anyone an H10 Premium member?

First of all, where does it say that this is the b-tch and moan forum? I responded to the original post back in 2009 and get alerted when someone else post.

I do not work for them. I bought 1/2 the package that you did, 2 studio weeks per yer and 40,000 RCI points, I got 3 free all inclusive weeks, so it sounds like you didn't do as good of a job as I did in the negotiations.

If you had any business common sense you would know that when a group of 60 purchases rooms they are going to get a better price than a single person, member or not.

Everytime I go and talk to other members we are all happy, but we are the ones going and taking advantage of the program...

Reply to: Is anyone an H10 Premium member?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted