We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CLC Trial Membership - Cooling off?

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
CLC Trial Membership - Cooling off?

We are currently at a CLC resort and have had the sales talk - I’m not sold and don’t think it’s right for us. However, we’re two days in to a two week stay and have been told that if we sign up to the trial membership, they’ll upgrade us at this resort straight away.

Basically, I’m tempted to sign up, stick it on the £200 a month finance and (if possible) cancel when we get home and only pay the first month of £200. Does anyone know if that’s possible - does the contract have a cooling off period or is it tied in for the full three years?

4 replies to this topic
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
8,862 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CLC Trial Membership - Cooling off?

You’re about to enter into a world of grief. Whatever they’re offering, it’s not worth it.

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CLC Trial Membership - Cooling off?

Seriously, Emma, read the posts on this forum about the lies from timeshare salespeople. You would be insane to sign with the intent to cancel. Read all the discussions about being fooled, and lied to and how people cannot get out of contracts.

Smart of you to ask the question -- do not pick up a pen for the rest of your stay.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,090 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CLC Trial Membership - Cooling off?

I would just walk away and enjoy the rest of your vacation. The horror stories about getting out of contracts, even in a cooling-off period would make it not worth the potential hassle.

The upgrade is their way of getting a foot in your door, as it were. Don't let them.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: CLC Trial Membership - Cooling off?

Thought that might be the answer but just wanted to check. Thanks!

Reply to: CLC Trial Membership - Cooling off?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions