We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Food was nice, more expensive than other restaurants but I guess you pay for what you get. As the restaurant is facing Bangla Road it is noisy however this didn’t bother us. We had the pork chop which come with mash and this was really...nice. Would recommend as there is a good choice on the menuMore
* Server (one) paid attention to help out when we wanted to order
* Food was pretty good
* Menu was varied - Thai food and western fare
* Restaurant appeared clean and well-maintained
* Food and drinks were overpriced - paid nearly...$30 USD for 2 soft drinks, a small appetizer, and 2 basic Thai entrees. That’s expensive by Thai standards.
* Server did not smile - not once - and another employee stood near the back of the restaurant appearing to do nothing by way of customer service
* If “holes in the wall” intimidate you and you want a “safe choice,” then The Kitchen is your place. We didn’t mind the food but being overpriced was a turnoff.More
There was 4 of us dining, the food came out at completely different times we has two starters plus garlic bread which we had asked to be served with our mains yet it was the first thing to arrive we advised it was going to...be cold so asked for another - we were then brought our starters ten minutes apart and then our mains were at least 30 minutes apart the two that had arrived were not able to wait that long so had actually eaten there meal way before ours had even turned up. In my eyes this should be taken into consideration by the staff and all meals should be brought out together I appreciate timings etc for cooking however that is not our problem especially for the priciest restaurant around I have eaten at street food venues with far better service and consideration from servers honestly this was a joke. When the bill came with the service fee added on I called over the waitress and advised I would not be paying for a bad service she just looked at me and said the words 'not possible' I explained if the service was good I would be more than happy to pay this however it was not therefore i refuse - she again did not accept this I asked for her manager to which she told me "no" PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AT THIS ESTABLISHMENTMore
Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
This business uses tools provided by Tripadvisor (or one of its official Review Collection Partners) to encourage and collect guest reviews, including this one.
Ordered a chicken in coconut soup with fried rice and ot was delicious. Also the dessert, vanilla ice cream with slices of mango, was tasty. The only downside is the price, which is a bit higher than it would probably be at comparable restauranta. Probably...because of the location, which is next to the Bangla street, center of nightlife.More