We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
The Bite is the inhouse restaurant of Hotel Dolphin, situated at Old Digha. Besides boarders, this restaurant is open for outside guests also. The restaurant has a normal ambience. During our stay at Hotel Dolphin, we had regularly visited the restaurant for breakfast, lunch &...dinner, however seldom found the restaurant fully occupied. The breakfast options were limited like butter / jam toast & omlet, puri / luchi sabji, paratha sabji, chicken sandwitch etc., all priced in the range of Rs. 70-80, a cup of tea at Rs. 20. Hence normal breakfast for one person will cost around Rs. 100, certainly not inexpensive. The lunch / dinner had reasonable spread. We tried various veg & non-veg dishes like aloo bhaja (Rs. 50), aloo posto (Rs. 90), malai kofta (Rs. 130), egg curry (Rs. 60), chicken curry (140), chicken do-piyaza (Rs. 170), fish items like pomfret (Rs. 160), pabda (Rs. 150), parshe (Rs. 140) etc. The items were reasonably tasty. Price-wise relatively expensive, but by & large comparable with other decent restaurants in the town. Serving portions were normal. The staffs were well mannered and responsive. This restaurant accepts cards for payment. Overall good dining option at old Digha.More
The atmosphere and ambience of the restaurant is quite good. The hall is spacious, chairs and tables are well maintained. The restaurant can accomodate group of 12 people face to face. Small families can occupy individual tables. The food quality of the restaurant is very...good.
The restaurant is primarily targeted towards the guests of the hotel itself. You can take breakfast, lunch & dinner. Some of the items are very costly, but others are reasonable. For example, a cup of tea cost Rs. 20, a plate of plain rice cost Rs. 50, aloo chokha is Rs. 60, 2 pcs of french toast cost Rs. 60. These are on higher side, whereas cost of Chicken Biryani is Rs. 180, Chicken Fried Rice is Rs. 140, Chilli Chicken is Rs. 170, which are normal and as par with any good restaurant.
You need to order 30-45 mins before your lunch and dinner, so they can prepare the food. For breakfast, you need to order 15 mins before.More
We are a regular customer of this restaurant for 8 years.
1) awesome food. Everything is fresh here. We went to the restaurant after 3 years but the food is still the same. Simply bengali ghar ka khana.
2) child friendly with play area,...birds and rabbits.though you cant leave them un attended.
3) if are feeling heavy and want to have simple food,just order dal,alu chokha,rui fish fry with fine rice,i repeat fine rice. And this combo you will love like heaven.My 1 year loved their alu chokha so much.
4) its a hotel too. Last time when we came the hotel was renovating,this time cant say the room quality as we dint stay there. So after having your food you can go to beach side as its just a walking distance.
1) the washroom of the restaurant is horrible. As it has mostly in house guests it doesn't bother about the washroom. But the management should seriously do something about the washroom of the restaurant. So you cant the washroom its simply a no no.
1 star is less because of the washroom.More
Based on user reviews on TA I visited this restaurant but was totally unsatisfied with the food. For being rated the best restaurant in Dikha seemed out of question. The quantity of gravy was also not enough. Tandoori roti was unevenly cooked though we were...the only guest in the restaurant. Final verdict- Stay away. Aqua blue restaurant of Hotel Coral in New Divya is a must better choise.More
Amazingly delicious food.Though it holds a name 'The Bite' but won't bite your pockets.The best restaurant in Digha. Vegetarians and non vegetarians both will be satisfied with its quality and quantity.They serve you fresh so don't be in hurry. Enjoy the food with great staff...who are ever ready to serve you.Out of 5 I give 5 to it.Keep up the good work.Godbless.More