We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Probably the best guides and Tours in the area, for an unforgettable experience, especially for our children ! (Lots of tricks with insects, very interesting comments on the animals, great walk in the jungle and in a batcave).
Food is realy great, and genuinly spicy...More
We spend two nights at the greenleaf and it was a wonderful experience:
- a van came to pick-up us at the bus station of pak chong, as the greenleaf is located around 10km far from downtown
- the location is on a the border...More
*Please note I did not actually do the tour with this company, although I did the same tour with Bobbys jungle tour, this review is based on our email communication*
I wanted to take part in the one and half day tour so sent greenleaf...More
Booked accomodation+tour by email, they responded in minutes with all important deatails. For those idiots who can not read,it is clearly stated in email that accomodation only is NOT available, but only with the tour booked also. The 1/2 +1 day tour was just perfect,...More
Surprising amount of wildlife spotted given the fact that a road runs through the National Park. Nothing can beat the sound of Gibbons and to spot them and hornbills as well as wild elephants on a day tour with Greenleaf Guesthouse was a great success....More
1) we took the 8:30ish a.m. train from Ayuthaya to Pakchong and it took about 2 hours, this I can confirm. There's different types of train, from faster to very slow. I got the timetable. I'll try to send it to... More
1) we took the 8:30ish a.m. train from Ayuthaya to Pakchong and it took about 2 hours, this I can confirm. There's different types of train, from faster to very slow. I got the timetable. I'll try to send it to you.
2) if you don't want to miss the afternoon tour, you should arrive at Packchong by 1p.m. That's what the hotel suggested to us. There will be someone waiting for you for sure.
3) the aircon rooms at the back were 1,000 baths I think in December 2015. We were not staying there, but a French couple showed us. The rooms are bigger and look more comfy than the basic one at 300 baths. Not sure I'd call them "luxurious" though. Remember that the Greenleaf is a backpacker hotel.
4) The advantage of this hotel is that they are VERY WELL organized. The guides got the eyes to find all kind of animals. With luck, you might see elephants like we did. They seem to go in places where nobody else is going, even when the park is full with people.
5) Night tour from 3 p.m. to 8p.m more of less; day tour from 9a.m. to 5 or 6p.m. If you ask them you'll have a better idea.
6) going back to the train station after the day tour shouldn't be a problem. They surely had the same request before.
7) Enjoy the food there. It's good.
Hope that helps