We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
This is not a luxury hotel but the staff are excellent; they checked me in very early (7am) and were more than helpful with locating taxis and communicating with drivers. The only downside was the food: breakfast was ok but sandwiches on the outside patio...More
My room was booked through a travel agency so I did not have to deal with checking in and out although there was a bit of confusion when I extended my stay by one day. I had a view of the Atlantic Ocean, which I...More
Food OK, Rooms OK, Noise not so OK! (probably a ship of russian sailors checked in who were staying on my floor...) Regretfully a lot of them were smokers and proceeded to walk past my room at all hours of the night and boy, were...More
The Novotel is a well situated hotel in the city. You can see the sea from some of the rooms even if you have to stand on tip toe. So not the hotel if you are looking for a sea view.
The rooms are clean...More
Good "Western" Style hotel in downtown Dakar.
I was booked into the hotel for business and found it generally decent enough. Most of it's rave reviews come more from lack of comparable competition and less from being really that outstanding. The rooms were nice though...More
1. Getting visa – contact with Sen embassy. Despite of writting that EU citizens don't need visa, it wasn't so on December 2014. I simply registered via internet, paid ~ 50 $ and get visa in airport. I didn't do vaccination... More
1. Getting visa – contact with Sen embassy. Despite of writting that EU citizens don't need visa, it wasn't so on December 2014. I simply registered via internet, paid ~ 50 $ and get visa in airport. I didn't do vaccination against yellow fever.
2. About prices: July–late September is humid season, hotels reduce prices up to 40%. I visited Sen on late December. Excellent. That's hardto understand what You are looking for. I honestly recommend hotel Ibis, it is side to side with Novotel. Price is lower, the personal is more friendly, but You can use also services of Novotel, pool is common.
3. About fligts – there are very many possibilities, look internet. I like Turkish Airlines.
4. I guess – 1 day in Dakar for city tour is enough, 1 day for Goree Island, 2 days for Saloum delta national park, 3 days for Sant Louis, 1 day in Dakar at the pool before fligt. You will be happy!!!
5. Senegal isn't a cheap country for tubabs! But – there I'd met the most friendly people in Africa! Learn some words on Woloff and always be kind. Good luck!
As l am not a smoker myself,I am not really sure about whether you can smoke in any room.If l am not mistaken they usually ask you upon booking whether you want a smoking or non smoking room.I hope this helps.