We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Go there every year! Tried many places, but return to this one.
Love the very welcoming atmosphere, the owner, Nico, is authentic and real. Helpful, fun and a fabulously creative cook. My partner and I are foodies, and it was a pleasure to relish great...More
Although the week spent in the junglesque cabana was in an open air and well kept room, and the howlers were abundant, there are many things about this location that you should be aware of prior to booking.
1. The "beach" is horrible- two words...More
This place has the most beautiful open air villas in a jungle paradise! You are so removed from the world - the only internet access is available for a short time over breakfast when a phone with internet signal can be paired to check a...More
I have been to many all inclusive resorts, so I was a little nervous heading to an eco lodge in the jungle when my friend and I first booked our trip. I was worried about creepy crawlies, as well as being off the grid without...More
We stayed 4 nights at Ojo del Mar and it is a wonderful place with incredible atmosphere. The EcoLodge is in a brilliant location surrounded by beauty and nature and right on the beach. The lodges are very private and thoughtfully and beautifully designed amongst...More
1. We weren't there during a retreat, but there is plenty of privacy if you need that. One of our favorite parts of the stay were the dinners. It was particularly amazing because everyone staying there gathered and shared... More
1. We weren't there during a retreat, but there is plenty of privacy if you need that. One of our favorite parts of the stay were the dinners. It was particularly amazing because everyone staying there gathered and shared stories/suggestions. We met some truly amazing people and I'm sure the retreat would be the same.
2. the land ends at the beach. Some of the rooms are a short walk. At the most, 1 minute. It's literally right there.
3, There are a ton of interesting areas near by. There isn't really a town, but that's what makes it so enticing. There is one restaurant in town. It's a few hundred yards from Ojo Del Mar.
4. There are plenty of excursions close by. Hiking, climbing, horseback riding etc. Not sure on the ATVs, but I would bet you could rent some close.
Hope this helps!
Are you sure you want to delete this answer?
"see above. In the dry season surely a hut at the beach is ok."