We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Prices are provided by our partners, and reflect average nightly room rates, including taxes and fees that are fixed, known to our partners, and due at time of booking. Please see our partners for more details.
All photos (1,184)
What is Travellers' Choice?
This award is our highest recognition and is presented annually to the top 1% of businesses across select categories.
The name " Castle " Hotel should give you a clue as to whether or not you should stay here. For us it was worth every penny we paid. It is a very unique experience to stay in a castle that is hundreds of years...More
We stayed for one night in room 38. If you have (like me) perused all the rooms on the hotel website, and agonised over your choice ... just choose 38. Trust me. It is charming, unique, hilarious, and romantic in equal measure.
The hotel is...More
We stayed for one night as a treat in this exceptional place. We stayed in one of the little houses outside of the main castle building and we absolutely loved it. The views from the gardens and the terrace of the Rhine were lovely. The...More
We stayed to celebrate a significant birthday and it was superb. We had rooms overlooking the Rhine and courtyard and both were excellent. The restaurant was exquisite with a perfect menu. well timed service and a pretty good wine list.
Overall the attention to detail...More
We stayed one night at this castle on our short stay in Germany! It was wonderful. We explored around and found lots of hidden treasures especially in the garden area. The dinner was also very good. There was one dish we weren't fond of and...More
TripAdvisor gives a Certificate of Excellence to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travellers.
Things to do
US$ 188 - US$ 367 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Non-Smoking Rooms ,
Number of rooms
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Castle Hotel Auf Schoenburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Response from Sixonthego_50 | Reviewed this property |
They had carts for transporting luggage. They were basically golf carts. They seemed glad to transport you. Then get a room on the first floor and you should be good. A lot of the charm of the castle are the gardens... More
They had carts for transporting luggage. They were basically golf carts. They seemed glad to transport you. Then get a room on the first floor and you should be good. A lot of the charm of the castle are the gardens that would not be good for someone with limited mobility. Many of the rooms and restaurants with great views would be easily accessible. I hope this helps. The hotel went out of their way to make sure to accommodate us. I am sure they would help your father. It is a once in a lifetime place.
1. There are safes in everyroom. Some are hidden behind mirrors or tapestries. It depends on the room you have booked. Each room is different in style. Simply check-in and when you are shown to your room the representative... More
1. There are safes in everyroom. Some are hidden behind mirrors or tapestries. It depends on the room you have booked. Each room is different in style. Simply check-in and when you are shown to your room the representative of Auf Schönburg will give you a small tour of your amenities, including the safe. Yes, to the laptop compatable question -although do to the structure of a castle...Wi-fi can be an issue in some rooms.# walls. However, contact the hotel directly with the laptop question and they will provide you with a answer and solution to you're concern.
2. Frankfurt A. Main. and Burg Eltz are at least an hour or more from Hotel Auf Schönburg, with a car. The region of the Middle Rhein is very rustic. There is of course modern amenities such as trains. Please mind, that they do take time. If perhaps you rented a car in Frankfurt A. Main. Driving to Auf Schönburg, then partake with a cruise to the Lorelei and then drive to Brug Eltz ( which is located in the region of the Mosel river and not the Rhein) then I believe you can satisfy you're desired intinery with conjunction with a stay with Auf Schönburg. For other excursions I would suggest that you book and enjoy a wine tasting with a local vinture in Oberwesel. Not only can you sample and buy exquisite wines, the tour includes a brief history of the town and surrounding land plus a trip into the sellers of the vinture himself. You should contact Auf Schönburg directly if you are interested in making a wine tour in Oberwesel, as it is a planned event.
3. Within the category of four star hotels inside of Germany, private bathrooms are mandatory to maintain said status. Although, not all rooms are with a free standing shower; some only with a bathtub. Contact the Hotel directly to better suit your needs.
4. Airport transfers are of course possible. Please refer to "rustic" and plan accordingly . Contact the Hotel for perhaps other arrangements - private pickup and drop off. What I can recommend is the DB regional train. You can order a taxi service to the train station in Oberwesel from the hotel and then you can embark on you're journey to Frankfurt airport in just over an hour (1.10mins) directly to the airport. The cost of the train ONE-WAY is around €13 for ONE person.
I hope that I gave you the information you needed and enjoy you're stay at Castle Auf Schönburg and the surrounding regions of South-West Germany.