We stayed La kupar hotel for 1 night. Hotel is small but room was clean and very well maintained. Staff is very friendly and always ready to help you with smile. Room was clean and large in size.
Dinner was Good and perfect place to stay.
It is a very neat and clean homely place with excellent food at very reasonable prices.People are very cordial and helpful in every way.Room service is also quite appreciable.Small size of the room was the only inconvenience that I faced there. But the view of the mounting monsoon clouds and August shower from our room was so overwhelming that it compensated for that small inconvenience.
If I ever go to Cherrapunji again I would probably stay at this place again.
We stayed in this property during Dec 2019. We were a big group of around 8 families and we occupied all the rooms of this property for 2 nights.
1. On the first night when we reached the property, John who was managing the reception gave us a warm welcome with a sentence 'as you have booked all the rooms, this property belong to you for the next two nights'. This simply explains the level of professionalism. This one sentence was enough to show the value they have for their customers.
2. They served food which tasted amazing. Food was fresh and very tasty. One night they served some local cuisine which we liked very much. All of us were very pleased with the quality and quantity that they offered.
3. The next day, we requested John to make some b-b-q arrangements during evening. We ordered the required quantity of both pork and chicken. John had some business during the day but he promised to help us during evening.
In the evening both Bansan (manager of the property) and John started to lit up the fire in the open area of this property and we started to enjoy our snacks. All of a sudden, it started to drizzle. All of us moved to the hall. John was there in the rain and continued preparing our food. He was there for another hour or so just because he committed to help us. When he finished, he was totally drenched. His dedication showed the commitment. We highly appreciated the effort he put just to make our day.
4. Room size was big ~140-180 sq ft. Rooms and attached toilets are neat and clean. Every room was equipped with water kettle and extra blanket.
5. Staffs were very professional and helpful. Whenever we requested for something, they provided that with a smile.
6. Location of the property is almost middle of the town. All the local attractions are nearby.
1. Very hard to find any. Just one point, in some rooms, we encountered leakage current in the bathroom taps. Am sure, management will fix it immediately.
To be precise, this property is the best choice in Cherrapunjee which will fit into your budget along with all the facilities you might expect from a standard hotel. MUST BE RECOMMENDED.
Let me begin with the words - Awesome, excellent, picture square, homely, professional etc... Hope this will give you the idea how the property or the review is going to be.
We stayed in the property in the x-mas week in Dec-2019. We were 8 families so we booked the rooms in advance and also booked the breakfast and dinner with the package so that we do have the luxury to have our meals (except lunch) inside rooms with small kids, family and friends. We booked 2 night over here and honestly we are over-satisfied.
We are overwhelmed by the hospitality by the La Kupar Manager Bansan & John (9615093898). John was literally prepared the BBQ for us by standing in the rain for 1 hour continuously.
Anyway, regarding the rooms, La Kupar has 8 rooms altogether. The top floor rooms are little smaller than the Ground & 1st floor rooms. But all the rooms are very well decorated, well furnished, clean linens, enough towels, pillow & blankets. They have heater, complementary tea bags, water kettle in each rooms. All rooms are come with a nice balcony. Their common lobby was very spacious and full of stuff for kids to play. They have a ground just beside the hotel fitted with kids outdoor playing activity and place you can hangover and have the BBQ. We were in a 26 seater traveler and it will easily go through till their main gate. The drivers accommodation is nice and they also provided for our driver without any cost.
In short, it is a must recommended hotel with nice location, excellent foods, great hospitality, clean and beautiful rooms, fantastic lawns and decoration with flowers. We wish we can extend our stay for another 3-4 days at La Kupar if pocket & vacation-leave permits ;-) .
Pros - Everything
Cons - Nothing (except there is a small gap in the door of Room No. 8 through which cold wind is passing through. John promised to fix this sometime)
Spacious rooms - 2, 3, 4, 5 (though 1, 6, 7, 8 are equally good)
La Kupar Inn is a small and well maintained property at Sohra , Cherrapunjee, Meghalaya. The outside and inside is maintained well with flowering plants, decorative lights and tastefully done colors. There is a small garden outside where they put up bonfire in the evening for guests.
Room size is sufficient, rooms are also done nicely. Washrooms too are sufficient in space, are equipped with storage water geyser/heater. The rooms have balconies and big windows and outside views are pleasant.
Food was good, and price was also comparatively cheap. The reception hall doubles up as dining hall (its a combined space, no partition). However, there isn't much movement there so no issues.
Overall it was a nice and comfortable stay without any issues. The property is in a village thus there wasn't any city noises and chaos. The advisory mentions not to make loud noises and not to venture out on your own after 11 PM under any circumstances.
Mr. John is the caretaker whose hospitality is refreshing. Driver's accommodation and food is included with the stay.
This review is incomplete without mentioning Mr. Banson, owner of the property. He is very friendly and co- operative He explained places to visit in Cherrapunjee, with route map and properly guided. He arranged breakfast in early in the morning also, as per our schedule. Further he suggested Nai Taxi (Jairal - +91-7005126173) who was a really good driver with proper knowledge of locations.
Overall the stay was really memorable.