Very affordable. Clean room and bathroom, cozy bunk beds ( in dorm) with personal reading light, fan and charging port. Friendly staffs organize fun activities like movie night, etc. Great location for walkers.
Has a very positive atmosphere overall.
- it's affordable, clean, and tidy.
- the residents were not at all noisy.
- staff is courteous. would help you with bike rental, booking cabs and details of sightseeing.
- the restaurant beside the hostel serves food in your room.
- there are many cafes around at a walkable distance. Must try freedom cafe and little buddha which is 100mtr from the hostel.
- Lakshman jhula is a 5 minutes walk
-Taxi stand is hardly 100 mtrs away
- rooms have attached balcony
- Well connected wifi connection, good for people working from home.
-there is a laundry service right in front of the hostel, one might required during a longer stay
-ample provisional stores around the hostel
- situated at 20mtr from the main road so carrying heavy luggage is a concern, though the staff will help you with that.
- because it is situated in an alley, doesn't have a view from the window or balcony.
- the furniture is a bit old and gives you a feeling of budget stay.
- you will have to ask for toiletries and would have to go and fill your own bottles.
As my husband and I were on a month-long tour, this place was much affordable. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a clean and tidy but also well connected affordable place.
This might be a good dorm from what it seems after reading reviews. However, their "Deluxe Double Room" is in very shabby condition. The sheets had big gaping holes in them and did not seem washed since many days. The quilt had bigger holes and seemed dirtier. So much for the sanitization claims in light of COVID. Not a single staff had mask on (that's their problem though). The room was very small, dingy and without any ventilation. The window opens up in a back alley without any mosquito screen so forget about opening it after March.
The staff seemed nice but the room and the amount I paid for it was a rip off. The owner/management should stick to the dorm model and stop renting out rooms.
The location is right in the bang of Lakshman Jhula market near all cafes and music stores, which is what I always prefer during my stay at Rishikesh.
My rating: 0/5 for the exorbitant money the room cost me on top of dirty, worn out linen.
Very reasonable price for a hostel/dorm. We stayed in private room, Rooms are very well maintained. There will be a lot of activists going on like yoga in the morning, cooking classes and dancing. They even got some good trekking packages. Recommended place to stay for backpackers.
Hostel owner Annu amazing person.. :) ,and staff are friendly tooo..
Date of stay: March 2020
Stayed at shiv Shakti for about a week and had a great experience
Location:- the location of the hostel is just perfect.Its near to all the amazing cafes of rishikesh.also very near to the laxman jhula... couldn't have asked for a better location
. Room:-we took a private room with a view.could see the laxman jhula from the room.the room was super clean and had a heater as well.
Vibe:- the vibe of the hostel was very warm n friendly.every Thursday night , dinner was served by the hostel and it was a great chance to mingle with the other hostel guests..
Service:- the service of the hostel was upto the mark.hostel staff like mr.nitin, jitu n all were very helpful n co operative. The hostel owner Anu was super friendly, had an awesome vibe and helped us in every possible way.
Overall it was a fantastic experience at shiv Shakti .very happy:-)