This is the dirtiest hotel I've ever seen in my life Blood on the wall dirty sheets pillow cases pillows bugs don't even waste your time super nasty had to get my money back immediately not to mention the people trying to sell me drugs as that walked into my room
Do not stay at this hotel! We decided to stay a night at Days Inn by Wyndham Knoxville North because of how cheap the hotel and because it was a last minute booking. I was checked in by the hotel manager who asked if I wanted a smoking or non-smoking room and as a person who does not smoke of course I said no. We were shocked to find a smoking fee added to our bank account with no formal notice from the hotel after checking out. After seeing the fee I immediately called hotel management who was incredibly rude and hung up on me in the middle of the call. This is fraudulent and I am now stuck with a $150 fee for something that I did not do. Do not stay here!
Motel was convenient for us. The room was clean but in rough shape. Trim was missing around bathroom door, walls were damaged, very old fixtures and furniture, very unattractive. This is not your typical Days Inn.
1. Door going into room is falling off hinges and has to be lifted to close.
2. Door handle on inside is broken, taped together.
3. Chair is just plain filthy and stained. Throw it away. No chair is better than that chair.
4. Lamp shades are stained.
5. Light / Electrical plates all need to be replaced. They are totally disgusting with dirt and stuff stuck to them.
6. Chewing tobacco on ceiling. THIS WAS GROSS!
7. Bathroom sink counter has something stuck on it.
8. Bathroom sink hot/cold lines hanging under the sink. Unsafe for children.
9. Bathroom sink walls dirty.
10. Back of bathroom door had hair tie from prior customer and was dirty.
11. No shower curtain.
12. Toilet/shower area walls dirty.
13. Battery dead in remote control.
14. Bathroom floor trim needs to be caulked. Currently gap between wall and trim is haven for germs and bacteria.
15. Towel was stained.
16. Bedcover has cigarette burn
17. Called front desk 2 times regarding shower curtain, filthy room, TV remote batteries.
a. She ignored the filthy room comment and said she would send housekeeping.
b. Housekeeper brought shower curtain that was wadded up and when I hung it up it had stains on it. Did he get it from the dirty clothes bin? Expected it to come folded up.
c. Housekeeper brought wrong size batteries. English was limited, and had to show him the batteries.
18. Outside stair treads on stair edge are safety hazard as they are separating from step so could catch shoe and land face first coming down stairs.
19. Smoking ash trays on top of waste basket located at the stairs. My room on second floor so had to walk by smokers to get to my room.
I was tired, it was late, had changed clothes and then started wiping down surfaces for Covid when the filth began to surface. When front desk ignored my comment on room condition, I was surprised and assumed no other rooms. College football game so rooms were limited.
We had been driving all day and wanted to stop for the night before it got dark. I booked my room from Archer’s BBQ which is right around the corner (and was very good, btw).
I read the reviews *after* I booked the room and immediately felt a sense of dread.
The office personnel was friendly, and I noticed on the check-in agreement that there was a 30 minute window to cancel. I commented on it, and I was told they
didn’t think I would have issues.
It was no luxury hotel, but I expected worse. The room had the typical motel smell upon entering but we quickly got used to it.
Here are the good things:
Nice sized room
Sheets were clean; bed & pillows were comfortable.
Fridge, TV, and coffee pot worked. We didn’t try the microwave.
Friendly office staff.
Shower/ tub were clean, mildew-free, and drained well.
Floor was clean.
Here are the not-so-good things:
Stink bugs (not too many; no roaches).
Mysterious black spots splattered around much of the bathroom/ vanity area. I have no idea what they were. I couldn’t wipe them off, so at least it wasn’t blood.)
A vertical chunk of the corner drywall was broken.
Towels were clean but had dirt/ grease stains.
Noisy parking lot (but I travel with a white noise machine).
No breakfast due to Covid... but the gas station across the street has about 20 kinds of coffees + pastries and other food.
We didn’t use the AC or the heat.
It served its purpose. I wouldn’t choose to stay here again, but I was very relieved with what we got after reading the terrible reviews.