This hotel's employees have the typical Miami attitude in the area, they couldnt careless about you or your stay at the hotel. The hotel staff and management refused to recognized my titanium elite status and made up a policy at this hotel that doesnt exist at other Fairfield inn & suites i have stayed at. I have never seen a new hotel look as distressed as this property does, ownership and management appears to be incompetent with basic property cleaning/upkeep.
We stayed a total of 5 nights at this location as it was super convenient for visiting the Everglades, Biscayne, and Big Cypress National parks with a 2 night visit to the Keys sandwiched in the middle. The staff were all friendly and accommodating, especially Lisolet at the front desk . The breakfast had a lot of variety including eggs, sausage, bacon, hot oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, fruit, waffles, etc. Our room was the quietest room we have ever experienced and very clean. The pool was also very clean and well maintained. We loved our stay and highly recommend.
Staff was great pool location not great . Lots of choices for breakfast . Clean and new BEST LOCATION near Keys, Everglades but the package WAFFLES need to go Marriott is really going down hill making these hotels use packaged goods at breakfast and every one blames it on Covid . Front Desk staff was GREAT the fact that
They don’t offer maid service as they did B4 unless you request ¬ everyday .who wants to go on vacation & clean your room..
Marriott has once again proved its below standards.
On the plus side though, check-in/out were easy, heated pool was nice, laundry machines excellent (free but provide your own detergent). Staff courteous and would provide fresh towels/toiletries upon request. We did not have housekeeping service because of Covid situation.
Location is good to access various attractions and under 3 hours drive to KeyWest.
On the negative side, the hotel in general sucks. Hallways dirty and not vacuum cleaned for several days. Breakfast area filthy and tables not cleaned after each guest’s use. Our rooms were not clean and luckily, we had wipes and upon wiping surfaces, knobs, bathroom, appliances etc, the cloths were black. There was hair still in the shower drain which we had to pick up and discard.
Breakfast: first day, was pretty good with some variety; then it went all downward. Two days, NO breakfast because apparently the goods were not delivered. We had to go out and buy b/fast but the hotel would not refund nor give a voucher. BJs club is less than a mile away and management did not even attempt to get the basics (cereals, milk, fruits) for the guests. Following days, very skimpy – eggs (scrambled or omelet) were like rubber, probably from frozen or canned containers. There were some egg/sausage sandwiches from two days back – so disgusting. No fruits – either fresh or cups. No provision for vegetarian guests. Some blueberry and apple/nut muffins were so gross and stale. All in all, quality of food was less than acceptable and mostly what one can find at a DollarTree store.
To top it up, one day, the coffee machine broke and, not only food choices was bare, there was no coffee when the cafetaria opened at 6:00am. The reception had no more in-room coffee pods as well.
A staff was bold enough to tell us that the hotel miscalculated their orders and thus did not even have adequate provision for the guests. The hotel was sold out way before the holidays giving catering services ample time to provide adequately for guests.
The poor management is appalling.
Don't even try to contact management or the members loyalty department - they never called back.
Definitely not up to Marriott standards! That sums up my experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Homestead, Florida. I booked a three-night stay (December 10-13, 2021) for a quick get-a-way to enjoy our National Parks and other attractions in the Southeast Florida area. We checked in our Friday evening. Room keys were provided, we headed to our room, then out for dinner. It was a good night. However, the environment changed on Saturday morning and continued until checkout on Monday.
Here are the facts…
• Saturday AM
• Spoke with front desk clerk requesting a room change to two queen/full beds. She took my phone number, would speak to her manager and get back to me. No response.
• Breakfast service area was not clean, items were not plentiful, request for coffee made numerous times. Eating areas were not cleaned/sanitized after guest left.
• Men’s restroom by lobby was not clean, no paper towels.
• Saturday PM
• Returned from outdoor activities. No room change was possible. Entered room, bed not made, towels picked up from bathroom floor, new towels left under sink. Toilet, shower, floor not cleaned. Spoke with front desk manager. She indicated rooms cleaned every four days
• Hallway floor by elevators had crumbled Dorito chips, elevators not clean.
• Sunday AM
• Breakfast area still the same condition. Lots of trash in containers, Coffee refill requested again. Eating areas not cleaned
• Men’s room filthy. Toilet not flushed, smelly and no paper towels to dry hands
• Sunday PM
• Room still the same; no cleaning at all. Asked for towels to take shower, she brought them to the room. Only towels! Took out trash and left us trash bags to use in case we needed them. She indicated property manager (Mr. Patel) was informed and we could meet with him on Monday after 9:00am.
• Hallway rug still with Doritos and elevators still dirty
• Monday AM
• Breakfast area much better, coffer in container; however, no cleaning after guest leave eating area.
• Informed front desk we were checking out. Stated Mr. Patel could call us. No response.
It appears, the overall excuse from management for the lack of standards and service was “Covid”.