It is worth noting that the motel was undergoing a remodeling project during our stay. However, having stayed in a recently "remodeled" room, I am not sure that will make a difference in the quality of the property. The rooms are like caves and the quality of the improvements are lacking. It is a tired motel and fresh paint and carpet will not make much of a difference. The laundry facilities consist of one washer and one dryer. The gym had one treadmill and a set of weights and could not be accessed util 8:00AM.
Comfortable hotel, good location, pretty views, loved the open terraces, very helpful and friendly staff, good breakfast, needs a bigger fitness Center but there is lots of close hiking so plenty of ways to get excersice
My family has been traveling through Arizona (and now in Las Vegas) over this Spring Break week.
My husband and three children (two 15 year olds and an 11 year old) are on the trip. We traveled out of our resort in Scottsdale after 4PM to drive to our next destination: the beautiful gift of Sedona.
Since we were arriving late there was no reason to pay for a resort for the evening only. So, we booked the BW Plus for one night. We have only stayed in BW's when we've gone to certain national parks and have always been pleased.
Here is my review of our quick stay:
1. The location is good and there are great views (it's hard not to get good views in Sedona).
2. The room is fine -- nothing special but very clean.
3. The bathroom is small and there is not a lot of counter space. Also, if you drink coffee (at least in our room) the coffee maker is in the bathroom. We don't drink coffee but I thought this was a bit unsanitary. However you could easily remove it and use it in your room.
4. I did use the gym in the morning. It is very small: 3 machines and a TV and a few weights. It's clean and your key will not work until 8:05AM (not 8:00AM). Go run/jog outside -- Sedona is amazing.
5. Breakfast: it was good for a BW breakfast: greek yogurt that you have mix-ins, hard boiled eggs, some fruit, breads, pancakes, etc. There is a juice machine as well -- coffee, tea as well. There is a Safeway that is pretty close and you have a microwave and a fridge in the room. We really don't like eating out a lot so we went and bought some food to bring back to eat.
It worked well for our purposes -- although my MIL was not impressed that the receptionist forgot to give her the welcome bag as a BW member. She did go in the morning to get it (2 waters and a couple of granola bars).
There isn't anything else to do at the motel (although there is shared space and places they will light a fire and you can make your own s'mores) -- so if you're going to be hiking all day, etc. and don't want the amenities of a resort then this is a great, economical choice.
We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in early November. Our room was on the 3rd floor with awesome views of the red rocks. There is a large patio which runs the full length of the third floor. The back door opens to amazing views and comfortable seating around fire pits. Another plus to this location is that we could park outside our door-no steps!
Bed was comfy, room was clean and request for more K-cups was honored. I am a light sleeper but can honestly say that I was not aware of noise from other rooms.
The breakfast room was just a few steps away. There were many hot choices as well as fruit, cold cereal, juices and hot beverages. We were even able to fill our water bottles for the daily hikes.
We had a positive experience with staff, especially the concierge, Hope. Her recommendations for hikes were great. We loved Little Horse Trail- our favorite.
She is friendly and so helpful.
We did not use the pool or fitness center so cannot comment on those areas.
All-in-all a wonderful stay and would definitely recommend Best Western Plus Inn to others.
The view from our room was the best. There were some issues with the interior of the room though. The magnifying mirror in the bathroom was almost falling of the wall and the coffee maker did not work as well. The refrigerator was inside this homemade cabinet which was very awkward . The light on the outside of our room was not working and this made it so dark to walk to the fitness center or the car.