The room has had a basic remodel: new tv, refrigerator and most importantly new heat and air. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. The breakfast had the smallest selection I have seen lately, but with the money we saved on the room, we could buy breakfast at the Jack's at the next exit. So while it is a basic, budget motel it is worth a visit if you want to save money.
After reading the reviews I was pleasantly surprised that the curtains were the worse thing about the room. They were tattered. The room was clean, had a fridge and microwave, nice pillows. We wanted a clean place to sleep. We got one. I wasn't worried about letting my 2 year old granddaughter play. I would recommend it.
My stomach started sinking as soon as we spotted Rodeway Inn down the street. It was a small, dismal looking, groungy place, and I could tell I wasn't the only one thinking 'oh no' as I exchanged looks with my companions as we pulled in. But... the reservation had already been made, the price was right, and we were tired.
Incense filled our noses as we stepped into the meager lobby to check in. Sadly, there was no complimentary coffee of most motels. The clerk was friendly enough, and we parked outside our designated room. I was the first one in, carrying a small load, and I didn't take two steps before this awful, indescribable, but disgusting scent hit me like a muggy wall, and I stopped in my tracks with a grimace. I couldn't take another step. Retreating to fresher air, I informed my companions, and we returned to the front and were provided politely, but without apology, with another first floor room. This one smelled of old cigarette smoke.
Since second story was out of the question for our needs, we reluctantly took it as the only other room available, smothered the place in room freshener, unloaded, and gingerly sat on stained quilts to eat our fast-growing cool supper.
Stains of anonymous yellow and grungy black marred the lower walls and ceiling. A dismantled smoke detector decorated the room with bright orange cords hanging in twirls. Smudged and dusty floors prevented us from walking bare. Really, though, it was the three beetles - one dead and trapped in the vent of the AC, the other two crawling up the walls - that prevented us from finishing our meals. The brave male in our small company took away the beetles, and we sat huddled on our beds, the muffled TV playing as we tried to forget.
I could list another dozen grievances including stained, musty towels, too-short raggedy curtains, and soap that spawned acne, but instead, I will only conclude that the continental breakfast was meager even by motel standards and we left, poorly rested and unhappy, with only an apple.
Needless to say, I would sooner sleep in my car than pay a dollar to stay there ever again, and I have no doubt this is the motel I will shudder about before ever vbooking another room.
Check in quick, room normal format with a good writing desk, a good 42inch TV. Ice machine but gives out small amounts of ice. No restaurants close by. Shower good, hot, powerful and roomy. Although the whole bathroom was small. Internet poor, my wife got on, I never did. Bed feels hard but slept well. Continental breakfast provided it was the worst ever, toast with butter , no jam, 1 pastry and choice of 2 cereals, coffee or orange juice.
Because no eateries close by, terrible breakfast choice and problems with internet would not stop here again.
After our ROACH rooms at the hotel before this one, we were skeptical about staying here but were exhausted! We told the attendant about the hotel right before this one and she assured us their rooms were clean!
Our first room was like walking into a freezer. We called the front desk and they said to give the heater 15-20 minutes to heat up.
The bathroom area was SMALL and there were stains on the ceiling from water damage. They gave us a room on the bottom floor the furthest away from the front desk area.
No roaches but there was spilled drink on the floor and the room smelled musty.
We waited about 30 minutes and the heater never got warm. We were moved to the room next door which was MUCH nicer, more up to date, appeared cleaner but again it was FREEZING. We all slept in our jeans and jackets because it never got warm. We missed breakfast because they serve it from 6:30am-9am! We will not stay here again and we do NOT recommend it for ladies traveling alone or if you are traveling with small children.
We told the front desk attendant that the heater in the second room never warmed up our room and that we were COLD all night! We were not compensated or refunded any money, we were simply told, sorry.