Location is perfect! Walking distance to Isaak Cathedral, Nevski, Palace Bridge and etc. There were a TV, a kettle and insect repellent available in the room and all working. Two pairs of disposable slippers were also available. Clean and fresh linens/towels. Water/tea/coffee as available all day long. Breakfast was basic but all of us found something to eat/drink. Receptionists were polite and most of the times were available at their working space.
There was a room to leave luggage.Room wasn't as good as on photos... Room is small - we had additional bed available in the room but there were no space to open it. Carpet is not clean, it needs dry cleaning or needs to be changed.Change of carpet and curtains could make better impression of the room. Better cleaning is required as well - it was very dirty behind nightstands. We moved because we tried to find a socket - it is only couple of them in the room.
I had a great stay at hotel Sonata.
The Comfort Room was Big & spacious.
The toilet was huge and clean.
Breakfast options was limited.
Main advantage was is its closeness to all Major attractions.
Only one issue is that, the Hotel is located on the fourth floor, the lift was too small to carry more than one person with luggage.
One more thing I would like to mention that is we had an early check out, we were given a packed lunch box.
Really nice area to stay in for our stay! With Google maps, it was easy to find, just make sure you find the right hotel signs! It isn't far from the nearest train station. The lift only fitted myself and 2 cases so my husband had to take the stairs. The receptionist girl was really friendly and helpful. Our room was great, especially with the air conditioning in the room (a must in the summer months), clean and good bed. It was next to the front door, however, apart from possibly some people checking out late at night, we didn't find there was much noise at all. Breakfast was ok, as the basics were there, pancakes with meat, yoghurt, cold meats, etc and on until 11am, I think. Even so, when we were there, if anyone came to eat after 10am, there was hardly anything left, as it seems it is the receptionist who fills up everything. The hotel is about 10-15 mins away from The Hermitage and there are really good restaurants in the area. We highly recommend the 2 restaurants at the corners of the street to the right of the hotel as you come out.
Location of this hotel is simply awesome, not far from crowded Nevsky, all of the sightseeings are in a very walkable distance, lots of places to dine and wine around and etc. Cleanliness of rooms is fine. But rooms are way too narrow. Double suite is like 25 squared meters only. Also staff could have been a bit more supportive, you need literally to beg in order to make them bring the iron into your suite. No early check- in/late check-out options available, which is huge disadvantage of this hotel. It is very inconvenient for those having early morning arrival flight from abroad/and late departure flight from Saint- Petersburg, even though, this was indicated when I was providing booking details initially. Then why would you bother asking when is the exact time of arrival?
- Excellent location. Actually could not be in a better location in St Petersburg.
- Comfortable room, slightly dated decor but very clean. Good size bathroom.
- Buffet style breakfast (tea/ coffee/ fruit juice/ cereal/ yoghurts/ breads/ meats/ cheeses/ crepes/ toaster/ biscuits).
- Free self service tea and coffee all day everyday (till 11pm), as much as you want. This is available in the seating area on the 4th floor and we loved it! Great for bedget travellers.
- Free local and international calls at reception.
- Staff are very friendly helpful and will arrange cheap taxis for you, help you to make arrangements, & do laundry (for a reasonable fee). Most of them speak a reasonable level of English, and will persevere untl you understand.
- The hotel is situated on the 3rd and 4th floors of a building which seems to also be a residential building. There is also a hostel based in the same building on a different floor. The entrance is quite strange and the hallways are not very hotel-like and in need of repair. This wasnt a problem for us, but if you are looking for a nice looking hotel with nice reception area etc this is not the one for you. It definitely has a budget feel to it.
- My husbvand did go to a couple of business meetings and did a little bit of work out of the hotel room. The facilities were fine for this. The only thing that was a little annoying was that the wifi service was only avaiable in certain parts of the room & not in the desk area!
Wwould receommend this as a budget hotel and would definitely go back.