The hotel experience was very pleasant and we did not have any difficulty during our stay. Recommended for anyone who need to stay away from core Varanasi and right on Assi ghat. The hotel has a bit of old world charm in its exterior and the room we stayed had the interiors done recently and was mordent to stay
The positives are:
1. Location was right on Assi ghat and access to boat rides, e-rickshaw and eateries were all within walking distance.
2. Hotel staff was very helpful and catered to all our needs without any issues. Mr Dilip Bhai ( the manager) was very helpful during the whole reservation process and also arranged the needed guides and transportation as requested.
3. Room # 20 that we stayed was a triple deluxe room with a river view. While room itself was split into 2 section and small but was well organized with a clean toilet, hot water, A/C and clean linens. The room was cleaned promptly every day.
4. They do have a terrace with a great view of the Ganges but seems a little under utilized.
1. The terrace needs a good refurbishment with fans and proper tables. This place can be converted to be the perfect breakfast/dinner spot
2. The restaurant while it serves good and tasty food, takes a long time. Be prepared to wait for 30-45 mins as everything is prepared after being ordered ( so plan in advance). I think the hotel can tell this to their guests upfront.
3. The area around the front of hotel can be cleaned and some tiling/ paving work can be undertaken to make it more appealing.
Overall, we had a pleasant stay and keep in mind that this is a 2 Star hotel and for the price charged, I felt we got a very good service. Best is to call hotel directly and fix the room and price. Kudos to Dilip Bhai, Anand and others to make our stay comfortable
Me and my wife visited Varanasi for a trip of two nights and three days. Here are the salient points regarding our stay at Hotel Temple on the Ganges:-
1. Location :- Just behind Assi Ghat at a very peaceful location.
2. Connectivity :- Auto and Toto is available from the doorstep. Hotel may also arrange reserved trips via car or auto with friendly drivers.
3. Food :- Homely vegetarian food
4. Staff :- Really well behaved, especially the reception staff is very very helpful
5. Cleanliness :- Satisfactory. You can get room service whenever required.
6. Special attraction :- A beautiful terrace where you can have food while enjoying the view of the majestic Ganges.
LOCATION: Near the Assi Ghat,
TRANSPORTATION: as it was near the ghats, which is a tourist spot,, from ola, uber, to all sorts of local transportation were available.
STAFF: The staff and their hospitality were really Good, would like to specify Dilip Bhaiyya was really polite & quite. If you need anything simply tell them & they get it done for you.
STAY: As we were there in Varanasi for some work we just wanted a hassel free and relaxing stay n so it was...
I have attached some pictures of the hotel n stay,
The roof top was really pretty, we wanted to dine there but had no time so next time we are definitely dining on the roof top...
FOOD: we had Lunch & Dinner in our room, food was real good. For dinner they prepared us the meal within 30 mins as we wanted it ASAP.
ROOM SERVICE: it was OP. You want it, you get it.
BOOKING: so I had made the booking by calling their number (available online). So it wasn't an online booking, the booking was made by the owner of the hotel Mr. Madan Mohan Pandey itself.
We had to check in & out in very odd timings, they said it wasn't an issue & it was fine we could stay for few extra hours.
Our bookings were from 27aug to 29aug but we couldn't reach on 27 for some reason, but they were so sweet that they were ready to negotiate that usually doesn't happens,, so I denied any changes & just paid as we had finalised, later they had upgraded our room. All these would not have happened if I would have booked online.
The owner of the hotel was a down to earth kinda person, with a deep knowledge about the city, traditions, and a lot of other things..
Overall experience was really pleasant one.
Would definitely recommend others,
And also planing two more trips ahead ✌
Had an absolutely phenomenal stay at the Hotel Temple On Ganges. Highlights are below:
LOCATION: The property is located right on the Ganges at Assi Ghat with panoramic view of river Ganges. Super-easy access to boats to go up or down river.
FOOD: Was excellent having multicuisine vegetarian restaurant there is a great menu. Hotel having rooftop gardern view, you can enjoy your food on the rooftop with view of river ganges.
ROOM and AMENITIES: Hotel name itself define the rooms once you enter the room you will feel like entered to temple. There are beautiful views and balconies through the property and great to relax. Room was great - clean, comfortable washroom etc. Internet was also great
STAFF: They are so nice and friendly. They are happy to arrange anything - city walking tour, Sarnath visit etc. If you want to go with their guides, they will help. If you want to be a solo adventurer, they will still give you whatever guidance you need with details knowledge.
All in, LOVED the visit and would highly recommend it to anyone else planning a trip to this ancient city.
I had a Ganga River view room, It was a business and Spiritual stay from Me at Hotel Temple on the Ganges. The location was on the river Ganges. The terrace Restaurant gave a beautiful landscape view of Assi Ghat.I Will be visiting soon for a week-long family stay back at Assi Ghat (Hotel Temple On Ganges ). The Best part was the hotel was just near Assi ghat 100mtrs . You can have a full view of the gang river and the ghat from the hotel Teracce.