I was here only for the night so wanted to book an inexpensive hotel room.
1. Its very close to the Gandhipuram bus stop so is extremely well connected to other places and has great local public transport connections.
2. It is thus also close to hotel annapoorna - the famous Coimbatore joint
1. The room had cockroaches - not one but many.
2. The toilet was not cleaned! This is totally unacceptable at any price range
3. The bathroom had a leaky tap so they are wasting a ton of water every single day!
4. The bed was dirty and although they did provide what seemed to be a reasonably clean bedsheet there was no blanket provided
5. The water they have in the room (which I did not sample of course but found out at the reception) is not filtered water.
6. Also the room had a basin which was leaking from somewhere so there was water inside the room too.
This hotel is ideally located though the entrance is from a small lane. However the small lane is a just a few yards away from the main road. Well kept reception. But the rooms are not that posh enough to tally with the tariff charged. Friendly courteous reception staff. Rooms are not cleaned unless requested. However there is hot water and other modern facilities available. The tariff is slightly on the higher side. the room size is also an impediment for those who wish to move much in the room.
One of the worest experiance for me. As I went at night for two days stay... they gave room in fifth floor.. lift was not in working. Wifi information not given. No one knocked my door till I checkout. Drinking alcohol is allowed to my neighborh room persons in the corridor. The room was a setup with cardboard. The walls were not there for the room. Though it was rainy season I couldn't stay few seconds in room when power down. Too much heat with cardboard room. If my neighbor closes door it use to be like someone knocked my wall. Ha ha ha no one should have this experience.
I stayed in Mary Meridien on 28/04/2016 for one day and the stay was good. Room was good and the tariff was reasonable. services provided by the staffs also good. It is just opposite to the Gandhipuram Town Bus Stand.
We took a AC room for three people.
The rooms are connected through windows . Someone even breathing above you can be heard.
There were some bachelors above our room and when they were smoking and drinking our room started smelling of it. an we could not sleep as they were talking among themselves.
Staff was friendly. But they switch off wifi every now an then, and it is slow. We asked them to switch on the wifi every morning.
They only take cash.
there were some roaches in the room. But wen we told them they cleaned it.
Plus point is that it is in the middle of the market and you have access to all the shops.