We stayed at the lovely lake front property for two nights. The lake view room is fantastic , perfect for anybody looking to relax and have a peaceful stay. The staff and specially Mr. Yudishtar Singh were very courteous and friendly. Overall the property and the staff are great; they make sure you have a wonderful stay.
Below is my honest review from a couple who travels frequently
1. Room shown on photo is not the exact one you would receive. I got 2 options a dark room with tiny balcony and another with no balcony.
2. They give you bad rooms and offer you slightly better ones for a much higher charge ( without bill cash only ) this way I was forced to upgrade and they made money
3. I had added pathetic bathroom pics on google , unfortunately no option to add here. Black / brown unwashed marks all around which was disgusting and make it very difficult to use the bathroom, upon showing the pics they only clicked a pic and didn’t even apologise for the poor cleanliness.
4. Balconies are filled with dust and pigeon left overs which is never clean, view from lake view room is good tho.
5. People are allowed to smoke anywhere, be it the courtyard or the lake view table where customers frequently stand to take pics/ go for boating
6.plug points for my Apple phone chargers never worked unless you tilt the adapter to the socket , same for all sockets . Hotel had identified this and provided 1 adaptor for each room, hence I had take turns to charge.
7. Roof restaurant has a really great view , food was a bit oily and was not bad but the ambience really did it. Big plus here
8. We booked double bed but was provided 2 single beds joined together hence had an issue with my back as I slept on the partition
9. Imagine using a black fungal Commode , jet spray in your toilet, had shared pics with hotel. Including grey towels. Hotel needs to upgrade
10. You cannot reach the hotel in car. U have to get down a few kms away and take a Rick/ tuk tuk to reach there.
In my 10 years of travelling with around 100+ hotels this is by far the worst place I have been and would recommend places like ameth haveli or spend a bit more on trident for Udaipur
This was our second time in Udaipur & our first stay at the Lake Pichola Hotel. Its safe to say we will be staying again whenever we next venture to the city of lakes. Our suite stay offorded us two private viewing balconies, each with a 180 degree view of the stunning lake Pichola.
There was a wide variety of breakfast items to choose from & the dishes were changed each morning. I would highly recomment taking your plate outside to eat on the ground floor balcony alongside the lake for maximum serenity!
Restaurnant Upré not only offers stunning day/night time views but also one of the better dining experiences in the city.
My recipee for a memorable stay = Enjoy a long hot shower, wrap up in one of the hotel supplied robes for extra comfort & spend half the day in your balcony, soaking up the view of the lake while you recharge your batteries!
Thankyou Mr Yudhistir Singh for the best hotel stay in my 2 years of living in India!
Me and my wife visited them for our honeymoon, Yudhistir Singh was the most amazing host and made our stay very special.
Upre is one of the best restuarants in terms of food and ambience, Chauhanji (ex Indian army) made sure that had a wonderful experience at the restaurnat !
The best part is you are bang on Lake Pichola and the view from our the room is mesmerising !
Thanks Team Lake Pichola for hosting us !
We stayed here for 3 days in December and instantly fell in love with the decor of the room and attached balcony offering a panoramic view of Lake Pichola, hence the name of the hotel. Rooms, lobby, reception were very well lit up and had ethnic decor, everything was neat and clean. During our stay we had dinner at their roof top restaurant Upre which offered a breathtaking view of Lake Pichola. The sumptuous dinner amidst soothing live Flute and Tabla recital, what more can one ask for!
We would especially like to thank the General Manager, Mr Yudhishthir, who went out of his way to cater to all our requirements, without his hospitality our stay at Udaipur wouldn’t have been so memorable and fun filled.
Thank you so much Mr Yudhishthir.
Thanks to the entire cooperative staff.