Kerehaklu was the perfect getaway for the following reasons:
- Ajoy the owner is really kind, hospitable and loves the land.
- It's easy enough to get to from Chikmagalur city (only 45 min drive)
- The property is rustic and the cabins are nestled in harmony with the surrounding trees.
- The cabins are aesthetically warm, cozy and very clean. The beds were modest, clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are big and very clean. So important!
- You get a little folder about the hiking trails you can go on on your own. Plus ways how to save energy in your own home. I think this is a good effort to educate guests on how to be more conscious about our consumption patterns. It shows that Ajoy really cares about the planet.
- The food is homely, local and very tasty. Best sambar I've had.
- The open jeep tour that Ajoy takes you on is informative, and the hike is easy enough for a relatively fit person.
- Ajoy will give you rain boots to keep the leeches at bay during your hike on the property! You saved me Ajoy! Thanks!
- There are no leeches where the cabins are.
- There's a tiny bonfire every evening on the outdoor patio bar area. (You need to BYOB)
- I think their coffee is good and you can buy their beans and powder. (Although I'm not a coffee connoisseur)
- The staff are respectful, diligent and quiet. Other than the staff asking if you need your room cleaned, things just get done without you noticing. So you are left to focus on nature.
- It's peaceful and the many sounds you will hear will be that of the forest birds...
- As someone who enjoys bird watching, I got to see at least 6 different birds without binoculars. Blyths reed warbler, common hill myna, yellow-throated fulvetta, scarlet minivet, yellow wagtail, asian green bee-eater and some more... They were so pretty.
- I traveled solo but met some lovely guests there. There were playing cards, taboo and other games that we used. And that was really nice.
- Ajoy was kind enough to let me stay 2 hours past check-out which I really appreciated.
The few things that could be improved:
- The water heater in the very clean bathroom, didn't heat the water much.
- Setting up a google pay or paytm option to pay for coffee powder. Currently, you can pay in cash or bank transfer.
- The extra pillows int he cupboard were moldy. But living in the area, I know that its impossible to deal with during heavy rains. Mold gets on everything!
- No shampoo was provided, only soap. I didn't mind because I brought my own.
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.