I stayed here recently for two nights on business,
I had room 401 which was very large with nice comfortable beds, we only ate in the restaurant once and the food was excellent and very tasty.
The breakfast was plentiful and tasty, didn’t use the spa due to time constraints.
Would I stay here again?
Yes 100% friendly staff with comfy beds and great food, great value for money.
What more can you ask.
We stayed one night- we had a weekend trip to nearby Wojsławice park.
The room was quite big (we stayed in a superior double room), it had a kettle and a very comfy bed.
We really enjoyed the saunas (3 types) in the little spa downstairs.
We booked this SPA hotel for 2 nights on the long Polish independence weekend and took a bus from Wroclaw that dropped us very close to the hotel (5mins). The pros and cons of the hotel are given below
1) Friendly reception staff: Very friendly and helpful. Walked with us a couple of times to help us find different facilities and fix the room lock. Very helpful at the time of lending bicycles as well. Smooth check in and foreigner friendly as they speak English.
2) Excellent food: the food at the in-house restaurant is excellent. We tried different dishes and all of them were delicious.
3) Average wellness area: a small pool, couple of sauna rooms, bad gym (inside a erstwhile bathroom) and a jacuzzi
1) Horrible spa: I took a traditional full body oil massage. My masseuse hardly put any pressure and refused to do so when I requested him. It was a one hour oil applying session and hardly a massage. After 55 mins he wanted me to leave the room so that the next guest could come in.
2) Unprepared to handle volumes: the staff and infrastructure is ill equipped to handle high volumes the hotel saw due to the vacation weekend.
- Infrastructure: It was a nightmare to eat breakfast, there was no place to stand in the restaurant.
- Staff: We were asked to vacate the restaurant as the ENTIRE restaurant was booked for a group. Fail to understand how they can book the ENTIRE place for one group and leave other guests stranded. By the way I entered the restaurant at 18:30 when only two tables were occupied. The server asked us to leave after we had taken a table.
3) Poorly lit: the corridors of the hotel are dark and poorly lit in the name of ambience.
4) Free wifi that does not work in rooms. It worked for half the time and the devices could not log on for the other half. Internet works very well in the lobby area.