Very friendly small hotel and despite being not far from a main road is quiet and surrounded by a small grassed garden. Very pleasant and helpful staff who had been pre-advised that I could not eat gluten and had bought gluten free bread and were clearly informed. My room was very clean and comfortable ( if slightly outdated) with several spare electric sockets and adequate tea and coffee making facilities. The bathroom had the best hotel hairdryer I have ever used. The restaurant food was simple but well cooked, very good breakfast. Also the hotel were trying a new pillow which I found to be exceptionally comfortable. I would stay there again if I had to be on that side of Nantes.
We stayed here for 1 night whilst travelling north to the ferry. We have stayed at other Kyriads in the past and found this one to be slightly below the usual standard.
No gated parking area.
We could find only two electrical points to charge phones etc.
No Air con.
No evening meal / bar service at weekends.
Industrial / Warehouse / Office area.
Whilst they supply tea and coffee they supply far too little.
There are places to eat near by. But please note these are not fine dining restaurants as far as we could see.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Decent size room for an overnight stay.
Quiet when we stayed.
To summarise, might stay here again but only after researching the competition.
Although this is not my first visit to Nantes for business, this is my first experience staying at kyriad chain of hotels for 7 nights . It will be advisable for you to secure an accommodation in downtown Nantes if it permits/allows.
The staff are friendly and they are able to converse with you in basic English and therefore it will not be an issue for non French speaking guests.
Few things for travelers to note:
1) Although it is stated as a hotel, in some countries like what my Americans colleagues would suggest; it is considered as an motel. Do not have any high expectations of a full fledged hotel like amenities and toiletries.
2) Do not expect the hotel restaurant to have lunch and dinner menu during the weekends. You can try to venture out as some restaurants are opened. One Irish pub named " Black Shelter" served decent food and it is around 3 minutes walk from the hotel. However please note that it does not open on Sunday and dinner will only be ordered/served at 7 pm. Otherwise, try making your way down to "Buffalo grill" on the main road which is approximately 10 minutes walk away, it is opened everyday and with country music being played...
3) Bring your toothbrush along and iron along. I could not find it inside the room however i would assume that if you request from the reception staff, they will be able to assist. No harm asking, i would guess.
4) Take caution when you are coming down from the bath tub to the ground. The ground will be wet for sure even if you used the shower curtains due to the positioning of the shower head.
5) Morning Buffet - Lower your expectations. Bread and more bread....Not much variety.....
6) If you are arriving late at night (10 pm onward) to the hotel. Ensure that the staff is aware of it and please check with them on your room number. From the information gathered, the reception area should be closed and your key should be inserted at your door knob. Otherwise, ensure you have the hotel phone number on hand.
My experience are as follows;
1) Check in
As i arrived on a weekend noon, smooth check-in with no questions asked and keys given to me.
Rooms and toilet were ok. Bigger than conventional Paris typed hotels.Soap bars, body wash and plastic cups available in the toilet. Generally clean in room however interior seems worn up and with the effects of the lightings, replacement is desired. Again, if you big-sized in nature, you will not like coming/moving down from the bath tub to the ground. Take caution.
3) Location & amenities
Far from downtown. There is nothing near to the hotel.It will take around 40 mins of walking to the nearest Carrefour (supermarket) and do not try walking on a Sunday as it does not open on Sunday. A MacDonald outlet is near to it. You can try taking a bus or taxi down to downtown. Try to ask the reception staff how and where to take the bus. Please note taxi rides are costly. My pre-arranged taxi ride from the airport to the hotel takes around 25 minutes and it costs an estimated 60 euros. There is nothing for you to do at the hotel except surfing the free internet or sleeping.
Clean and Comfortable place for rest. The costs could be quite similar to some hotels/apartments at downtown Nantes however it is just the transport costs which you have to consider.
One of several hotels in the area, this was a value-for-money option for one night's stay. The room was very small, but everything was in working order, and it was clean. The bed was comfortable and we slept very well.
Wifi was free and we had a good strong signal.
Staff were very friendly, check-in and check-out took less than 2 minutes. We didn't have breakfast here, so no comment.