Nice renovation. Disappointing that outside bar was not open and that inside bar only opened at 5. No drinks by the pool?? Our rooms where not made up on different occasions and amenities not replaced. If you are in the side annex rooms, staff arrives at 7 am and starts making noise outside rooms. Very slow meal service. On the bright side it’s a great location, nice new beach area on stocking island, and Lermon is still there after all these years.
We enjoyed a beautiful lunch on the deck overlooking the pool and the ocean. The waitress was very kind and friendly and the ambiance in general is upscale, yet relaxed. I had the tuna sandwich and a salad and my serving was so large I couldn’t even finish it! I hope to be back to this chic boutique hotel that has newly being renovated. They just need to use a little less of the scent in whatever cleaner or air freshener they seem to have. It’s overwhelming inside!
We started our trip with 2 nights at CPP and finished with 5 nights there. We stayed at Lumina Point in between (see other review).
1) We weren`t too thrilled with the queen oceanfront room that we had for the first 2 nights but for folks who don`t care much about the room, you can't beat the location. We had a big balcony but it needed to be cleaned.The room was small, which was ok, but there was ABSOLUTELY no storage.
2) The pool area only had 2 umbrellas....that`s not good. The small pool is absolutely fantastic though. You will love it! The VIEW is to die for!
3) The outside bar is very nice.I cannot remember the name of the wonderful bartender (sorry!!!). He was just great!
4) The Thursday BBQ was not so great. They start a lot later than they say they will and it is super disorganized. Island Time is just words to describe disorganization here! You wait in line for a LONG time. The quality of the food and cost didn't warrant the process. The chicken still had some feather pieces on it!
5) The location here can`t be beat! Liquor stores, Minn's boat rentals, grocery stores, banks, Two Turtles Inn outdoor bar and restaurant (a must visit) -- all so close.
6) Note of caution - we brought some cash, which was a good thing. There had been a major power outage and no one could take credit cards. They had to bring people from Nassau to fix all this. We had to visit the ATM several times.
7) There is a cute indoor bar...and the bartender was delightful! Check it out!
8) It's a bit hit or miss with the staff. If you are familiar with CPP, you know Doc. He is the best! We found some of the staff to be super nice, smiling and helpful. But this is where CPP really has a problem. Train staff to be nice and helpful and to not talk about each other in front of patrons! We were amazed at how long simple things took to resolve and how unfriendly some people were. Staff should refrain from talking about each other in negative ways where patrons can hear.
9) Get the Club Suite is you can! We spent 5 days there and LOVED IT!
10) The beach club is really good. We gave a shout out to CPP beach club on our review of Chat n' Chill! The burgers and hot dogs are really really good.
LOVED CPP and hope this information is helpful!
For our first trip to Exuma, we stayed at Peace & Plenty. Upon researching, I loved the 'old school but renovated modern vibes' as you just know this would have been a chic place in the 60s/70s!
Rooms were modest but comfortable, renovated and more than enough for what we needed. Certainly recommend the waterfront queen room - views were beautiful and private!
We were welcomed by Doc who was such a joy! Front desk check in was very thorough with friendly staff.
BEST thing was the beach club! What's not super obvious from the website is that from directly out front of the hotel, it's just a dock with the water - no beach sand to go out on. We saw out from the dock which was fun, but for the beach experience you catch the complimentary boat over to the Beach Club - which made it an experience! Beach Club is stunning, so pretty with friendly staff, especially Greg!
We did not eat in the restaurant, as we heard from some other guests that they did not feel it was the best experience, so apart from a mimosa and an espresso, we can't speak to that experience. Restaurant staff were 50/50 in service, hit or miss. Most nights we ate at Shirley's (seafood) up the road, but be warned this is a $15 taxi there and back for only 1.5 -2 miles!
Rudy was a great bartender out by the pool - very friendly and was up for a chat!
Overall we had a really great time at Peace & Plenty and would certainly recommend if you're looking for a stunning location, with fun amenities like the beach club and boat ride. it's not 5-star but more than enough for an enjoyable fun stuff - we would come back! :)
$39.00 resort fee for nothing. Bar was closed half the days we were there. Pool was dirty. Breakfast was good however the rest of the food was below average and not available/sold out. Kitchen oven was not working.