As we saw it in the website it looked perfectly fine for a get away from Athens.Once we arrived there the owner was nit there so we had to call her for her to assist us,when we got to the room we see two single beds which I requested for a double bed.The place that the hotel was the perfect place we wanted to spend our days out of Athens because it was really a peaceful place,mosquitos though were having a party.We had some issues as well with the breakfast because we booked the apartment but there was a misunderstanding of them not including breakfast on our stay.We stayed there for 5 days and none of those days the cleaning lady came to check the apartment so we ended up buying some kitchen and toilet paper on our own and the sheets were not changed for 5 days which my partner didn't really like.Indeed the owner was friendly and trying to get along with everyone but the place I guess is what matters.Lastly we had issues with the Wi-Fi,we were actually on the first floor and we didn't manage to get Wi-Fi only if we would stay on the ground floor which on their website was said that Wi-Fi was avail in all locations.Overall accommodation was OK but I wouldn't really stay there again since its also located 20 mins away from Messologhi.
This was a stopover place for us, and as a stopover it turned out as one of the most memorable evenings of our vacation. We were driving from Corfu to Olympia with small kids--couldn't get off the island and all the way down in one day. The location and setting here is great. Not far from the main road (a couple kilometers), and set next to a 900m beautiful mountain. The town is sleepy, and most in the hotel are long-stay residents or retirees, it appears. The room: spacious, adequate kitchen, decent air conditioning. Bathroom was a struggle--we couldn't find how the hot water worked, despite all trying. The toilet couldn't flush my boy's human waste after five flushes. The owners are very nice, though we had to work across the language barrier. The credit card machine wasn't working (had been sent back to the bank) so I had to drive 10 km to Messolonghi to get cash...not a pleasant surprise. Setting: 50 meters from a quiet but lovely beach, and there was a restaurant there, right on the beach; we were virtually the only guests in the restaurant on an evening in July. Overall, this is not a place I would spend more than one night--there's virtually nothing there. (Down the road, there are the remains of two ancient cities that are not well known but actually have more ruins available to see and some archaeologists regard as underappreciated.) But, if you need a stopover in this part of Greece, this is passable and can have some surprising upsides.
excellent place for those who like nature, mountain and se view, very close to the sea with a beautiful beach, clean and shiny room, very good service, friendly staff willingful to help you about everything you ask for. i would certainly stay again at this hotel.
- Value. This place was a bargain compared to the rest of Patra at time of our booking.
- Nice enough apartment. Was big and had a huge balcony.
- Location. Set back a little from the beach but a stunning view of the sheer rock that sprouts out of the ground only fifty or so meters away.
- Cleanliness. We had a problem in our bathroom which we found on arrival. Not a big deal just would have been a no brained to clean up.
- Internet. Worked well if you were downstairs. From rooms it didn't.
- Bed. Much like a lot of beds in Greece for some reason, it had a wooden foot to it. Which is fine if I'm 160cm tall. I'm well over a foot taller than that and had no chance of fitting. I'm used to having to scrunch body up to fit on small beds and places but this was just too uncomfortable. It was only a double bed as well so for me and the wife was a squeeze.
- AC. Worked great in cooling the apartment. Just dripped all night. Inside the room! So after almost slipping over the puddle we put a bowl and towel there to catch it but dripped all night. Or deal with Mosquitos (my arch nemesis!) or deal with 30+°. Hmm.
Overall was a good enough stopover for a bargain price. We drove but plenty of buses stop only about fifty meters up the road. Beach was ok but probably has seen better days.
My husband and I had the unfortunate necessity of having to stay at this hotel 2 weeks ago. We should have known that this hotel would not be up to par when the owner kept insisting through emails that we phone her before we arrive at the hotel. Even through we phoned her several times while we were on route, there was still no one at the property to greet or check us in when we arrived. After waiting at the gate for over 30 minutes, the owner's mother showed up to let us in. The room smelled AWFUL. As this was a tiny village, we did not have any choice but stay the night. We left at the crack of dawn!
The clothes we wore while we were there smelled so bad from being in that room we had to bag them separately. We ended up having to take those clothes to a dry cleaner at our next stop to get them washed as we could not risk putting them in our suitcases and stinking up the rest of our clothes.
Stay away from this place!