The hotel is renovated. Loved the room and the hotel decoration. I spent my anniversary there. The hotel both days decorated the room with petal roses and champagne as well as a wish note. Everyone was really polite. They even upgrated me in a wondefrul room with a park view. The room and the bathroom had everything that i needed. The hotel also has a lovely bar and a very nice restaurant. Everyone in the hotel was really really helpful. The room was been cleaned several times per day. Great location just a few minutes from bond street, berkeley square and hyde park. Thank you for this wonderful experience. True value for money.
We stayed here for 3 nights and starting from our first night I could see it was going to be a challenge.
First the positives:
1. The concierge, wait staff and most of the people at the hotel are amazing. Yannick at the concierge and Akira who helped us move all our luggage and rooms. Amazing people. The staff are all extremely helpful and a pure joy to be around except for upper management. (more on that at in the con section)
2. The rooms are spacious, the layout is wonderful and all the furniture is beautifully and thoughtfully placed. There is an actual closet for your things and luggage so it doesn't have to be in the middle of the room
3. Everything is new, beautiful decor and entry way.
4. Penhaligon's toiletries is a nice touch
5. Room is well lit and the bed is comfy
6. The first night we got into our room, we were greeted with a beautiful setup of dessert and wine for our anniversary. Very nice of the hotel to do that for us and much appreciated.
7. Great location, on a quiet street facing a park. Walking distance to bond street and lots of shopping and tube station.
8. Speed of internet was great...but that might be because there wasn't a lot of people at the hotel.
1. The sink was leaking in our room
2. no one could get the fridge open, even after they sent a staff member up to look at the fridge they still couldn't figure out how to get it open. The fridge has sensors and the moment you remove something you will be charged. IF you need to refrigerate something you have to call down to tell the staff so they can put it in the main fridge.
3. The towel warmer did not work
4. The bathroom shower although new....was not planned properly. Whoever designed it really did not have function in mind. As you can see in the picture the shower head faced the glass giving no room to actually shower unless you turn the shower heads toward the long way. However, no matter what way you point the shower head it's either in an awkward position or it sprays water all over the glass and floods the outside floor from the hole in the door.
5. As a Diamond don't except anything special. They acknowledge your status but you're not really given anything for it.
6. There is no executive lounge, no credit for lack there of a lounge and no amenities or points given in lieu of lounge.
7. Breakfast.... As diamond you get free breakfast. The breakfast spread although a good quality is very lacking in options. There are a selection of pastries, juices, cereal, granola, some whole fruit, selection of cured meats and cheeses. If you want warm food items it's at your own cost off the menu. The menu items are extremely over priced as compared to portion. First morning we ordered lobster with egg and truffles. The lobster was not fresh, it tasted like pure ammonia. We sent it back and they made us another one and took it off our bill but for 18 pounds it was way over priced.
8. Diamond upgrade- I realize this is based on availability and based on hotel discretion. If one is provided great if not it is what it is. However, don't wave it in my face and celebrate it and then have it fall flat on your face. Upon check in we were told exuberantly that we had been upgraded to a beautiful room. Upon getting to our room, I was not impressed. It was a mid level interior facing room that looked out onto the AC units. The hotel was basically empty when we were there but, this is the best they could do for a Hilton Diamond. Also, this interior facing room had all sorts of issues and we ended up having to go to another room that was also "upgraded".
8. Check in/security process. We were locked out of our room every night. They could not get their system right to not lock us out every night. It was completely frustrating to come back after a long day and have to go back down to the lobby to get a new key. To add to the frustration when they checked us in they did not add my husbands name to the reservation even though we checked in with both passports. So when he went downstairs to get a new key they wouldn't give it to him and insisted I come down myself. It happened again the next night and my husband was still not added to the room and they still had to have me go in person to get the key.
9. The guest relations manager Stephania spoke to us on both nights when we were locked out of our room. Although she apologized it was a backhanded apology as she continued to justify the reason wasn't their system and we must have desensitized the key and that's why it didn't work. Additionally, she tried to pacify our frustration by saying they gave us free breakfast (we are Diamonds and that is a Diamond benefit).
After our stay upper management continued to be "apologetic" by writing me a email apologizing and offering me a "potential upgrade based on availability upon return." (another Diamond benefit I already get). I responded to her email asking for our points back for one night and logged a complaint with Diamond desk directly. They responded promptly and returned my points.
My advise to people who want to try the hotel, it's worth a try. The property is beautiful and the rooms are very spacious compared to most London Hotels. The hotel needs work but, hopefully it'll get there.
To the management, you need to re-evaluate how you treat your brand loyal customers. With so many options in London there is no reason to come here if you won't provide extraordinary service and amenities.
I was lucky enough to stay at this 3 week old hotel earlier this month. The hotel is still gearing up, but the service of staff and quality of furnishings throughout is second to none. Nothing has been spared to make this 5 star luxury hotel one of the leading hotels in London.
Room was extremely well appointed, and the mattress and bedding guaranteed an excellent night’s sleep.
The staff were on hand to greet you at every corner, and made you feel very special - a great personalised and professional service.
The food was adventurous and original and influenced by Jason Atherton and was delicious. Restaurant manager Niels was an excellent host.
Even leaving the hotel we chatted a while to the doorman and gained an insight to this great hotel and past history.
Do not class this hotel as being just a Hilton - it’s a cut above the rest. Didn’t want to leave.
Will be back at some point I’m sure.
I can’t stop thinking about the divinely plush bed and surroundings of this hotel!! Stayed here 2 nights midweek in early October. Fortunately, I was able to check in early and upgraded to a larger king room upon request, as a Hilton Honors Diamond Member. The room was very spacious, and included a sitting area as well as a full bathroom with both tub and shower. The bed was outfitted in what truly is luxury linens and pillows. After the jet lag of travel and miles of walking to explore, what a plush place to joyfully return to each day! The amenities included Penhaligon’s toiletries, and a wonderful rainfall-type shower head. Towels were thick and oversized, as were the robes. Another Diamond Honors perk was the fab continental breakfast in the onsite restaurant; this was also available as room service, for a very reasonable £4 service fee only.
Location was absolutely the best, and honestly easy to get to from the airport using the train and underground. The nearest tube stop is Bond Street, which is step-free - key when traveling from the airport with luggage. From the hotel then, it was also a very easy walk to Oxford Street, only a couple of blocks from Selfridges. Also a short walk to the luxury shopping or window-browsing of New and Old Bond Street.
I always have afternoon tea at least once while in London, and did have it while staying here - I can say that it added to my overall pleasure with this hotel! The champagne tea was delicious and perfect! From the tea selection to the savories and outstanding pastries - the tea staff added to the occasion by excellent service and explanation of the offerings. They also offer to replenish any of the food items, though in the initial offering the food is filling and plentiful.
I must point out how friendly and helpful all staff were. All in all, my stay at this hotel was a highlight of my time in London! It would be a true joy to return to this property in the future!!
We had a fabulous visit to this newly renovated Mayfair hotel. The staff was extremely attentive. The room was very comfortable and they even moved us to a larger corner room when I requested a bathtub. The location is superb and I would definitely stay here again on my next trip back to London.