There is nothing better than Cabo Villas if what you are looking for is the best expensive cabo can give you during you stay, the pools are terrific and are huge with areas exclusive design for your kids, the service is own of it kind perfect trained personal attend you in almost every single thing you need, its an amazing paradise!
After reading reviews at both ends of the spectrum, I was a bit nervous about my trip here. There was no reason to be! Location is absolutely perfect -- walkable to everywhere in downtown Cabo San Lucas. Very nice property, super clean, great service. I was in a studio suite on an exchange from interval. At no point was I pressured or asked repeatedly to go to a timeshare presentation. I also heard no construction noise. I would definitely stay here again. A few key comments/observations:
- Aleta restaurant is awesome, great fresh seafood and breakfasts
- Comfortable pool and beach furniture with great service
- Super clean rooms and great housekeeping
- Comfortable, fresh furnishings throughout the unit
- Great views of the whole bay throughout the resort
- Onsite "store" really offers nothing but drinks, frozen food and snack foods. You'll need to go elsewhere if you want to stock up on groceries.
Stayed at Cabo Villages Beach Resort and Spa.
My second trip to Cabo San Lucas in 3 years. First here.
Overall I’m disappointed. My room was on the first floor and had a ‘wonderful’ view of a WALL!!. Floors above me had views of the pool and Medano Bay.
Usual, albeit, soft pitch for timeshare purchase.
Bellman was almost useless. He said the fridge didn’t have ice and we had to get it from housekeeping. Wrong on both fronts. There was an ice machine, 2 floors away, and 2 ice cube trays in mini fridge. He didn’t show us how to work tv or AC.
Water pressure in toilet was AWFUL!—multiple flushes.
Limited kitchen—2 burner plates, one microwave [in Spanish].
No laundry in room. No launderette in facility. Had to outsource them, albeit reasonable[126 Pesos/bag]. NO fitness center , that was outsourced also.. No paper towels! Realy? Had to pay $5.40 for a roll.
Generally speaking the pool is small.
Ate in restaurant once. Food was good, not great. Waiter had hard time comprehending what we wanted to eat.
Comfortable ‘futon-like beds’ on beach. Didn’t cost extra. But to insure that one was available one had to call the night before. On Thursdasy I did. On Friday I go to the stand and give my name. He mentions the wrong name. I said no. He asked who I spoke with. I couldn’t remember. “Sorry I don’t have your name”. I said ‘that’s not my problem’. He says “That’s not my problem either”. THAT got my Irish up. I said “ I don’ t understand your surnames, I don’t speak Spanish, and I don’t understand you accent’. I did my job, now do yours”. With an attitude he said ‘gp pick one’.
Usual beach vendors selling trinkets.
Not very handicap accessibile entrance. Might be one somewhere, never saw it.
They charged me for 2 bottle so water in the room, yeti left 8 from an used case.
And they ‘charged’ 57 pesos per day for a ‘Childrens Foundation’.
UBER is popular and VERY inexpensive. Only 45 pesos to Walmart or Marina.
Maid service was very good[after tipping up front].
Bottom line: I will not be back here.
We were suckered into a timeshare appointment with the promise of free nights, massages, and dinner. We did that last May. When trying to use our 3 free nights, they told us it's not valid for 90 days after you get your certificate....? Anyway, the timeshare meeting was extremely high pressure and we were not interested for many reasons they just didn't want to take no for an answer. Sales people pretended to be our friends then after we said a hard no their faces turned sour and we were treated like crap. However, the dinner and massages we received were lovely and almost worth the 90 min high pressure assault of a meeting. That was our FIRST experience.
So this time we went back to use our "free" nights. We came on our honeymoon and went to check in. I was told our room wasn't ready yet and that they would call us once it was. No one ever called. I came back around 6 and the room was ready but again, no one called as promised. So get this - apparently we had to attend ANOTHER timeshare meeting in order to use our free room because they somehow "upgraded" the "free" room to a "higher level" on the property? Ok well I was never told about any of this but now the meeting is mandatory.... So we show up AGAIN at 8am for this exhausting meeting. The girl asks me if I'm going into this with an open mind and I state "No" because I know 120% this is not for us. We are not fans of the property itself and prefer other hotels when we come to Cabo. We are going to have children soon and wont be traveling as much. I was very clear that we were there only because this was mandatory. Apparently this was an issue and she called her boss and he said if we didn't want to do the meeting with an "open mind", we would need to move our room to a "lower floor" since we apparently got this "upgraded room" I was never told about.... so I said listen it's going to take me 90 min to repack and unpack everything to move rooms.. I'm not doing that let's get this over with.... so basically they make you lie to them about having an open mind. So we go through the schpeel I tell her 100x no, no, no, no.... so she starts telling me "you can't say you won't EVER take a vacation while pregnant"... yeah this lady really went there to tell me what we will and won't do with out own lives. Multiple comments like this. It was beyond annoying and borderline disrespectful. Also, I don't understand how they try to sell you on a property that is currently in shambles anyway... it's been under construction since last May and is still only a shell of a hotel... I honestly didn't see any progress since the first time we did this meeting. Who would buy something they can't even see first? So many reasons why this hotel's timeshare pressure is so out of pocket.... ok I could go on but enough about that. (also because our friends own a timeshare here and can never get a room even with calling 3 months in advance!)
Here's the issue with the hotel itself:
1. EXTREMELY loud drilling/construction noise at 8/9 AM. I'm talking EXTREME noise. Like it's drilling into your scull. Apparently the room below was getting work done (not even the new area they're building). I called the front desk at 7am like WTF GUYS and it stopped. The next morning it happened again for about an hour while I was trying to get ready. Not exactly the honeymoon morning you'd think of... so I walked all the way to the lobby and told them what was going on. The guy looked me in the face and acted like I was rude for politely requesting the construction noise not to start so early. Then he said "What time is ok to start? 9AM?" Yeah guy, 9am on vacation... None of this should even be happening at all and CERTAINLY not before 10am. I was shocked at his response to this. No apology or anything just looked at me like I was crazy and basically trying to shame me for sleeping in? At 8am?? Terrible service.
2. The property is gross. These photos posted are NOT accurate! It's kind of crazy to me that no one has posted a photo of all the construction and the HUGE, creepy empty shell of a building that really kills the vibe. I'll post a photo I took in the dark it was so creepy. This place is a MESS. It's definitely not a luxury hotel even though they act like it is and price it that way. For this hotel, I would not pay more than $100 per night. Honestly. The elevators are SUPER small and HOT. REALLY HOT and crammed. There are lots of stairs/hills on the property so don't wear any kind of heel, ever. The location is great but there are a bunch of other, nicer, hotels in the area. The overall vibe from music/people/service is a bit trashy. The chairs on the balcony are made of wire that have to be the most uncomfortable thing I've ever sat in (photo). Not so relaxing.
3. The rooms themselves are set up terribly. The bathroom has one super low orange light that leaves the bathroom super dark. Hard to do your makeup. Not enough room for your clothes. The lighting is terrible. The bathroom is right next to the bed, etc. Oh, BUT THE ROOMS THEY SHOW YOU during the timeshare meeting are completely different and much nicer....yet none of those are even real "yet". So many tricks.
4. The music they play at the pool is so depressing. People on their balconies were even yelling to change the music. Maybe older people would enjoy it, but I am 33 and it was like slow oldies that you definitely do not want to hear on vacation. Way to kill a vibe that was already dead to begin with.
Two things I like about this property: The beach club. Day beds without having to pay for them with waiters bringing you adult capri suns all day. Baja Brewery rooftop view/beer. Food not so great but the view is spectacular!
I hate leaving bad reviews but honestly, this experience was terrible.
All in all, don't stay here. Don't buy a timeshare. Just go to the beach club and rooftop and stay at one of the other hotels in the area.
Cabo Villas is in a superb location on Medano Beach with restaurants and activities everywhere. Short walk to the marina as well. Resort is going through major renovations and I can't wait to see the finished product. Currently the pool is ok, but no views of the ocean. New pool will be an elevated infinity pool with amazing views but the construction project seems like it will never end. A ton of new rooms as well which should have wonderful views. It's going on like 3 years so please get it done! The staff is very friendly and the food is very good coming from Aleta. The beds are very creaky and need updating. Hopefully the resort will move from good to great with the new tower and then maybe the old rooms can get a facelift. The resort had an nice package with $250 of F&B credit and 2 30 minute massages included in a 3 night stay. Spa was pretty good and the massage therapists were very good.