This was the last hotel of the three hotels we booked and stayed at in Tuscany. It was also the most disappointing one. The price was in between of the two hotels, but the service and general experience was below the other two.
It is not that bad as I make it look, the hotel is fine, but let me share the experience and let you judge:
- Pretty easy to find, small village
- Location is nice, from the outside, everything looks very nice and idyllic. Only problem with the location: it's located on a sharp corner of the road, and everyone who passes, honks before passing the corner. Just a little annoyance :)
- The entrance is located at the back, so that was a little strange. When we entered we could not see the reception or any member of the staff. I saw a room with a computer screen, and knocking on that door and asking the person inside "Reception?" got a positive answer, so there it was.
- The man's English was limited, but enough to understand each other. He asked us our passports, showed us the room and bathroom, and explained the keys (gate, front door, room door). Very short, but apparently enough :). He did not tell us where and when breakfast was, or any other practical details.
- The rooms are nice and big with an antique feel to them. In my opinion, the hotel could use a renovation: paint is old and breaking, the blends practically fell apart and the beds , well our bed, are simply antique.
- In the morning we started looking where breakfast was, and found it downstairs. We did not really know where to sit (no tables were set), and we also did not see a member of the staff. So we just helped ourself. Limited offer of breakfast, but enough to get a good start of the day. A member of the staff saw us and asked if we wanted any coffee. Coffee was not hot enough, and tasted like it was re-heated, but that can be just me. Cornflakes also tasted old. The orange juice tasted like flat lemonade with water.
- Swimming pool: we did not have any towels for the swimming pool (we did have our own). The water looked clean, but since the pool is in between trees, there were lots of pieces from the trees and leaves in the water. Chairs outside could also use an upgrade.
- That evening there was a wedding taking place in the main entrance and rooms on the ground floor. Noone informed us of this, so when we arrived back at the hotel around 10PM (coming from the beach, so in shorts), we saw that there was apparently a party going on in the main place. We walked through the well dressed guests, and went to our room, right above the party-room. There was a lot of noise from the music and the guests talking outside, but as promised, the music stopped at midnight and one hour later all the guests were gone. So that was not as bad as expected.
So as I said, all these things made us feel like the hotel was not worth its price, and we did not have a very good experience. It felt a lot different from the service and accomodation at the other hotels.
For some people, this might be just what they're looking for, but for us it was a bit below the standards we got at the other two hotels (one cheaper, one more expensive).
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC