Location - resort is located very near to the airport, a grab ride will cost you around 75K. City is nearly 25 KM from the resort. Hotel offers shuttle bus to city at 65K for one way and 110K for two way. All children under 12 can travel for free.
Room - We booked the deluxe room with sea view. Room was very big includes everything.Wifi was bit slow even Whatsapp messages got stuck sometimes.
Food - I believe the resort offers only full meals package. Resort is located bit far from the city so there is almost zero options available outside the resort. There are lots to eat in the breakfast, lunch and dinner but unfortunately there aren’t any varieties. It looks really boring after a day or two. Also I expected more local food in the restaurant but could find only very few local options. As a traveler I travel to new places to experience their culture and try their local food but in this case I was totally disappointed. Pool bar and snack restaurant were okay. Minibar in the room had Pepsi, Miranda, 7up and some orange juice. Night club also serves alcohol for free but there wasn’t any crowd there.
Kids club - Kids club had lot of activities but not in English. Staffs can speak English but an English speaking kid may not enjoy much as they have to spend most of their time alone and no body to interact with.
Entertainment - Resort organizes some activities all day long which includes pool exercises, beach volleyball etc. In addition to these every night at 9 they have some stage performances as well. Again there are language limitations here as well.
Beach - Beach is clean and beautiful. There are lifeguards so you’re in safe hands.
Pool - There are two pools in the resort , both had a kids pool next to it.
Even though resort offers too many things it is quite unfortunate that it’s not meant for all the guest. There is no doubt that this is one of the best places to stay with family if they can setup something for everyone. This resort lacks the multicultural and local environment.My rating for this place is 7/10.
My husband and I decided to go to the hotel for our anniversary. We never chose resort like All-inclusive system. But you know our rest was amazing. The resort sent to our room compliment for Anniversary (wine and fruits), we were pleasantly surprised. We really like the beach, grounds and staff who were always ready to help us and answer all questions. I think we will come back here again. And I will recommend Swandor Resort to my friends and acquaintances.
We have decided to return here once more since we loved it the first time in June 2019. However we were really surprised how quickly the quality of service could deteriorate in just 3 months.
Most disappointing issues:
- One of the housekeeping crews in Building A was absolutely impolite and disrespectful towards the guests. They kept on making comments and jokes in Vietnamese, not realizing that my wife understood every word they said. On our first stay the housekeeping in Building B was flawless.
- Our bed had a duvet cover with a large hole in it. Also the sheets were dirty, they just kept turning them to the inside, thinking we would not notice. Both were never changed during the whole week. Also once we were given a dirty towel, with huge black smears on it.
- Restrooms at the snack bar are totally disgusting and the automatic lights turn on for around 5 seconds. Then you are literally sitting in the dark.
- Beachfront was totally disgusting, full of trash. Apparently nobody feels responsible to clean it up. Instead 3 guys sitting in the watchtower, taking turns of sounding the alarm when someone dares to swim outside the non-swimmers area.
- Apparently Greta reached even out to Vietnam, as plastic straws were banned in the hotel. The announcement standing at every bar explained in great detail how important it is not to use plastic straws and how insteas straws from ecological sources would be used now. OK, so where are those ecological straws? I have seen none, so I had to enjoy my mocktails with crushed ice in my mouth since my teeth were not cold-resistant enough to block all the ice and let the cold drink flow between the tooth gaps. The biggest joke however is: You order a Special cocktail of the Day -> you get the usual plastic straw. This is so ridiculous, it made me want to give a 1 star review immediately, however I have reconsidered and looked for alternatives instead.
So syou can either get a special of the day cocktail and then carry your straw around with you all the time. Or you rip off the tiny straws of the orange juice boxes that are in your room minibar. Or you just bring loads of straws with you before you come here.
I have never expected to visit such a nice hotel with that price in southern Asia, and it’s not my first-time visiting Vietnam either. The variety of food was excessive – I couldn’t choose what to eat and ended up too full. The sea and the beach are beyond imaginary. I came to this resort with my wife to celebrate our 5-year anniversary and we even received a compliment from the Hotel which was unexpected. There is not much to see around this area, so we took an hour long walk to the airport and back to take some Instagram pictures. Entertainment was well organized, but not for me- too crowdy and loud. Me and my wife enjoyed morning yoga class just outside on the grass. The room was cleaned daily by the lovely Vietnamese staff. I can’t think of one thing that was not satisfying and we will certainly hope to come back one day.
We have stayed here for 4 nights with our baby daughter.
First of all, this hotel is part of the Turkey based Swandor hotel chain, that operates hotels and resorts in some countries around the Mediterranean and South East Asia. Turkish management was constantly observing restaurant operations, due to good reasons I believe (more regarding this point below). This particular resort caters mainly to Russians. All the animators are Russian speaking and the programs and activities are in Russian only. It didn't bother us much, however the other guests (Koreans and Vietnamese) were probably a bit disappointed.
It is our first stay at a Swandor resort and we must say, it is probably the best all-inclusive family resort we have ever stayed at. But it still is not perfect, so we note the things that need improvement in our point of view and hope management acts on that.
But positive things first:
+ Large choice of food, must have been around 20 different salads for dinner, many varieties of meat dishes and desserts and almost everything really delicious.
+ Nice, clean rooms, beautiful sea view.
+ Clean, well maintained beach
+ In- and outdoor playground for children (up to 12 years I would say)
+ Overall good maintenance of amenities, repair and clean staff performing their duties faithfully (never saw anyone idling around as observed so many times in e.g. Egyptian resorts)
+ Relatively calm atmosphere despite all-inclusive, i.e. no hordes of drunks crowding the pool bars (exception noted below)
+ Friendly staff AS LONG AS you speak English or Russian with them.
And here come the negative points:
- if you speak Vietnamese with the staff (as my wife happens to be Vietnamese) most of them quickly become dismissive and answer in a brusque manner. One particular "bar captain" (30.05. Afternoon shift, pool bar at snack restaurant) asked me what I wanted to drink and then completely ignored me when I ordered two Iced Milk Coffees in Vietnamese ("hai cà phê sữa đá", which I did out of courtesy, since I am obviously not Asian). It was not a matter of understanding. He gave me neither a look of question, nor of understanding, he din't ask me to repeat myself, he just completely ignored me. It took two other staff members to ask me what I wanted until I realized what happened. And even then he didn't serve me what I ordered. He understood very well what I said, but refused to serve me purely based on the fact that I spoke Vietnamese.
In the end the served swill was an impertinence and we decided to leave it at that. Some more examples at requesting to clean baby chairs, cleaning up tables at the restaurant so we could seat us there, etc.-> huge attitude problem here, but also not uncommon. If not for the management overseeing the restaurant at all times, the place would be a mess. Smiley buttons on the staffs' name tags give the whole situation an extra ounce of irony.
- As most resorts, this one also attracts local populace by offering special discounts in order to fill up otherwise empty rooms and contribute to overall profitability. That should not be a problem since even then, the room prices should be high enough to keep the "complete backwood barbarians" (as I lovingly use to call them) out of there.
Emphasis on SHOULD. The occasional village clan however manages to scrape the money together and fill up some rooms with up to 6 persons each as we experienced on our short stay. There goes your calm atmosphere. Yelling, cursing, running, splashing, smashing glass at the poolside, throwing food and dirt into the pool (thus shutting the pool down for the rest of the day) and probably more things which we didn't decide we were in the mood for experiencing. And also take a close look on your children in the playground, since courtesy and manners do not seem to be taught in some society levels, so be prepared if a 8-year old intentionally propels a plastic ball full force into your 20 month old daughters face. A bit less passiveness by the otherwise friendly playground staff would help here a lot.
We would come again gladly, hoping to see improvements to our points