We visited Koh Lipe from 1st - 8th April. The resort is on Pattaya Beach and it was really near the immigration & walking street. The beach was really beautiful and we spent most of our days there...which is kinda the whole point why we wanted to go to Koh Lipe anyways.
The room was as advertised. No A/C & the nights can get a bit warm if you are too used to A/C like we are 😂
It's an eco friendly resort and the price is really reasonable so no complaints there. Please bear in mind that they have loads of mozzies to keep you occupied. Also you might get house guests such as frog or millipedes (which we did). Harmless of course. Just be prepared with mosquito repellent and if you have essential oils diffuser, they help a lot!
They don't have a kettle in the room but you can easily ask the reception to boil you a pot & use their cup if you bring your own coffee/tea.
Some tips to help you through:
1. Prepare to change your money before you go if possible. Easier & probably cheaper that way. Just estimate how much you might be spending a day. On average each meal costs 100-150 Baht per person.
2. Try to cover your bags with a water resistant bag cover as they will just put your bags on the sand during immigration.
3. Check what kind of plug point they use and what you use and bring the universal charger. If not, you can go to Walking Street and go to their supermarket to get it.
4. There are a few Halal restaurants there but always check with them if it's not obvious.
5. You can walk to Sunset & Sunrise Beach easily. To us, Pattaya Beach is the most suitable for families & budget travelers as the beach & sand is really awesome, it's near the immigration and shops.
6. The reception told us that it is best to go in December and stay at Pattaya because you can see amazing sunset near the rocks.
7. If you want to save money, bring your own snacks etc. We brought our snacks & water bottles. We also brought Nutella & PB&J and just buy bread there for breakfast. Not to say we didn't buy additional snacks (ice cream especially) but it helps to offset the expenses a bit. We also brought our own coffee. And in the end we had over 1k Baht extra.
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay in Koh Lipe and will be back indefinitely.
We loved our 5 night stay. Perfect location right on the beach with deck chairs provided for guests only. No bar or restaurant open to the public so the resort was quiet and private.
A short walk to nearby restaurants and shops without them being too close. Best coffee on Koh Lipe just along the beach at Homeless bar!
Bungalows are simple but comfortable with great bathrooms. We were so happy to be staying in quaint bamboo bungalows rather than the modern glassed-in resorts nearby. A much more authentic island experience.
No need for air-con in January.
Our kids, 8 and 9 loved looking for frogs and insects in the lovely garden and the swimming area right in front of us was perfect for them to swim safely where we could watch from the shade while enjoying a cold beer. A fridge in our room would be the only addition I could have asked for.
Staff are friendly and very relaxed. No problems at all during our stay!
Stayed here for 4 nights as 3 adults. It’s in a great location with deckchairs for the beach and has drinks for people staying here. Bungalows are kept clean and tidy. Bamboo bungalows so expect some small critters. Make sure you bring mosquito repellant as we got loads of bites! We told the receptionist and they put extra mosquito coils and spray in the room. Very peaceful, basic but nice. Shower has hot water and was quiet to stay. No aircon only fans but was very cool on a night.
Very nice bungalows directly at the beach, reasonably priced. A bit annyoing was the attitude of most of the staff, eg our room only got ‚cleaned‘ once we were there (altogether for five days) although we asked very politely every second day.
Location is great! Right on the beach. I found Pattaya Beach to be a true paradise! This place is a simple accommodation, do not expect resort services. The room was spacious, all made from bamboo which was really cool. Unfortunately there was not even a chair. Because if the bamboo it’s obviously not sound proof at all. But we were ok. Shower did not have hot water but since it was so hot out we didn’t mind. The mosquito net over the bed was really effective!!! :) we kept our valuables in the front desk safe since there was none in the room.
We loved that the hotel provided beach chairs. So convenient and comfortable. Staff was pleasant.
I will recommend it if you want something Cheap and simple.