Hello, I am planning a quick trip to Oaxaca from June 29 to July 4. The two main things I want to do are:
1. An authentic cooking class that is not touristy. Perhaps one with a family to understand and see how the locals live
2. Hike or bike from Latuvi to Lachatao and stay overnight in Lachatao in the cabins.
Anyone has recommendation how I go about this? I have been searching and All I get is a package deals and I am on a budget so I am trying to do this as cheap as possible
I'm planning to take a trip with Expediciones Sierra Norte to the pueblos mancomunados (7 day trip). Does anyone know how much the cost is for one person?
I am planning a trip for 12-15 people to hike for 5-6 days in 2017. A few questions:
1.How is the drinking water? Do we need to filter it? Are there streams we can gather water and purify/filter it, or is enough water provided by the guide/can we fill up at the hotels?
2. Are the local cooks accommodating to vegetarians? gluten-free?
3. What should we expect to pay per head so I can determine how best to negotiate?
4. I suspect it would be good for our hiking guide to speak English so we understand the flora/fauna story, but do we also need a translator in town for the hotel/cooks/etc? I speak intermediate Spanish, but I don't necessarily want to translate for 15 people the entire time.
5. Are there any concerns for safety, drug lords/gangs, and/or our baggage transport?
Hola buenos días,
Les escribo a nombre de dos personas Irlandesas que viven en la ciudad de Londres. Quería preguntar si tienen excursiones por un día solamente? Mis contactos estarán viajando por la ciudad de Oaxaca por dos días y por la costa Pacífica después de la Sierra Norte, entonces solo tendrán el Domingo 10 disponible para una excursión.
Podrían informarme a la brevedad posible cuales son las opciones?
Quedo a la espera de su pronta respuesta.
Hello, could you tell me how you returned from Lachatao to the city of Oaxaca after your stay? I am thinking of doing what you did--that is, using Expediciones Sierra Norte for the first portion of our trip (Benito Juarez and Latuvi) but then going to Lachatao and booking cabins separately after that. My concern is how to return. I will be with a group of 20 high school students, and last time the people from Expediciones took us back to Oaxaca in 2 big trucks as part of our package. Any advice?
I will be traveling alone and am female and my Spanish is not good. I noticed other reviewers mentioned that you do not see other people a lot of the time. Are you always with a guide when trekking from one village to the next? Did you feel secure in the cabins? I tried calling the numbers on the website to ask questions but an operator said they were non-working numbers. Any thoughts are appreciated.