Top Attractions in Vrindavan
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful Temple with great Architecture. It's is a very big and beautiful temple with great Architecture. Go in the evening as it have great lights after Sunset.Written 19 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Visited iskcon temple vrindavan . It was a very good experience to have Darshan of Lord Krishna . The devotees were thronging the worship place and huge rush . Some group from a area was there to perform prayer in their way by dancing on the floor . Darshan were very easy .
A very good restaurant is in the premises , where the quality of food was very good at reasonable price .
A good management by the temple for keeping the foot waers safe . I keep coming whenever lord krishna calls me .Written 24 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- So beautiful and Soulful. Had a great time. Darshan was just amazing 👍. This time of the year ... The temple is decorated by special flowers.Written 19 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We stayed at Mata Vaishno Devi Dham last month,
Positives of staying there:-
1. Online booking facility
2. Nice rooms at reasonable cost
3. Very clean and green campus
4. Mess offers simple food - Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner (prior booking needed)
5. You can visit the actual Mandir easily as it's in same campus
1. It's a bit outside of main Vrindavan...no issues if you have own vehicleWritten 2 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This Nidhivan is a place which is linked to Dwapara Yuga in fact Treta Yuga. In Treta Yuga Gopika's asked Ram to marry them, then Lord Ram said, I am dedicated to Sita in this avatar and in next avatar I will marry all of you. that's how all 16000 Gopika's married Lord Sri Krishna in Dwapara Yuga.
Nidhivan is a Sanskrit word which means the "forest of treasure". Nidhivan is a garden of Tulsi trees having extraordinary shapes and its says all these trees are Gopika's of the Lord Krishna. Till today devotees and locals are believed that, not only lord Krishna visit this place but he also conducts his Ras Leela every single night here. This is the reason why after evening Aarti at 7pm, the doors of Nidhivan shut down for the devotees as well as priests. Even it is believed, the animals and birds also leave this premises in the evening. Even all the creatures inside the ground like ants also go inside the ground.
Places to Visit inside Nidhivan:
1. Nidhivan Trees:
It's believed that trees inside this Nidhivan are exactly 16000 and all these trees convert to Gopika's in the night and participate in the Ras Leela. Again they become tree's in the morning after Ras Leela completes. The trees in the Nidhivan are strange and mystical. Trees grow twisted and in pairs. These trees are mostly short in height and have entangled trunks.
2. Rang Mahal:
Rang Mahal is the place where Lord Krishna is said to have done shringar for Goddess Radha. It is the place where the Sandalwood Bed is prepared for Lord Krishna each night. on the bedside are kept a Neem Daatun to brush teeth, a Jar filled with water, laddu and Pan. it is believed that once doors are opened in the morning, the bed looks as if someone has slept in it, whereas Neem Daatun,the water in Jar and Pan are seems to be consumed.
3. Gopi Talav/Lalita Kund:
This Gopi Talav is also known as Lalit Kund and also called as lord Krishna well. This is named after a Gopi who asked for drinking water after dancing. Lord Krishna made this well by ploughing the earth with his flute and offered her water.
4. Swamy Haridas Samadhi:
According to locals, Nidhivan was settled by Guru Haridas whose deep devotion, Meditation and Penance compelled lord Krishna to visit this place. The Swamy Haridas performed Krishna Bhajan here and the famous Bankey Bihari idol was appeared in front of him while he doing Bhajans in this Nidhivan. Presently this Idol is worshipped in Banke Bihari temple which is located at walkable distance from Nidhivan. Samadhi of Swami Haridas is also one of the place to visit inside Nidhivan
5. Bansi Chori Radha Rani Temple:
The Floor where Lord plays Ras Leela comes before the Radha Rani temple at Nidhivan in Vrindavan. In this temple, there is a deity of Shree Radha playing flute. it is built in the memory, when Radha stole the flute of Krishna along with her Sakhis/Girlfriends Lalita and Vishakha and started playing it.
Some Mysteries Things:
1. Although the houses built in the Vicinity of Nidhivan have access to the view of the area but no one dares to attempt to do so. It is said, those who attempts to peek at the garden post 8 pm also lost their mental balance. Hence many people have sealed their windows and those who have an open window, also close them down after bell of the evening Aarti.
2. It is also said that no one has been able to successfully take home the parts of the Tulsi plants here. Those who even attempted faced severe consequences.
3. There have been incidents , some have gone a bit far and decided to remain hidden to watch the mysterious Ras Leela. Those who have attempted such a thing either he/she becomes blind, dumb, deaf or dies.
Tips to Avoid unexpected things and Braves:
1. Avoid hiring any local guide:
Remember there are no hidden tourist spots in Vrindavan to visit. Take special care, If you are first time visitor. They will trap you saying that only 50 INR for guide and its absolutely trap. They will say 50 INR for guide and will show you Nidhivan and Banke Bihari temple. After showing those 2 temples they will take you to inside small temple and will say all nonsense things and will try to ask you to donate for Naivedyam which will only perform in that particular temple and there are chances to torture you if you are not in group. Another two temples are there which are little away from Nidhivan which are must visit. they are Prem Mandir and ISCKON Temple. There are more than 5000 temples in Vrindavan and no need to waste your time. These 4 are must visit temples visit these four temples and plan other your priorities instead of wasting your time with these Guides.
2. Be clear about your plan:
Don't depend on local taxi people or guide to decide your trip as most of them are cheaters. As I mentioned there are only 4 Import spots to visit as below,
b. Banke Bihari temple
c. Prem Mandir
d. ISCKON temple
if time permits spend time to visit Yamuna Ghat and near temples. but don't follow local taxi drivers or guides
3. Be careful with Monkeys:
Vrindavan place is heavily populated with monkeys and their unity would amaze you. If you tease a single monkey, then the entire gang of monkeys will come to his rescue. Don't consider monkeys as fun there and do not tease them by any means. you will sure be in trouble if you do So. Don't wear Glasses and don't carry any bottles and cool drinks. For sure Monkeys will trouble you. They are very crazy about Sun glasses and Specs. if they notice you wearing one, they would come and snatch them to wear themselves. No matter how weak your eyesight is, please avoid wearing specs. if you have to wear then be careful.
4. Avoid Visiting this place after Sunset:
Most of the Vrindavan temples and tourist spots will closes at 8 pm. so plan your trip after lunch or early morning. Avoid planning in the evening. Best time to plan is after lunch so that you can spend Half day here to cover all important temples and spots. Try to plan Prem Mandir at last to your visit as it is so beautiful in the lighting and be careful that you will reach there before 6 pm so that you will enjoy your Prem Mandir Visit.
05:00 am to 08:00 pm in the Summer
06:00 am to 07:00 pm in the winter and rainy seasonWritten 17 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A small Radha Krishan Temple, which has a unique archtechture of Ákshya Patra'
The main deity is Radha Krishan, with four small temples on four sides. Will take about half an hour to visit.Written 26 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Felt blessed and energetic once I touched the steps of the temple. There is a holy atmosphere pervading inside.Beautiful and amazing temple. A must go place if you are in vrindavan. Be blessed with the oppor6T this time of.pandemic.Written 3 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Keshi Ghat is situated on bank of the Yamuna river which was initially built by Queen Laxmi Devi of Bharatpur in the 17th Century. Keshi Ghat is one of the most beautiful Ghat on the banks of Yamuna with stone inland places on the banks and massive Madan Mohan temple visible in the backdrop.
Keshi Ghat got its name from the mythical tale that tells that at this Ghat lord Krishna had killed a dangerous demon Keshi sent by Kamsa to destroy Krishna. This place is believed to be the place where Lord Krishna took a bath after killing the demon Kashi. The lord had bathed in the River Yamuna and since then the same kind of practice remains among the devotees to take holy dip in the river.
Things to do at Keshi Ghat.
1. Keshi Ghat is an ideal spot to enjoy mesmerizing Sun Rises and Sun Sets.
2. It is the place where you can have holy Dip in Yamuna River near Vrindavan
3. Boat riding is available here at 50 INR per round from the bank to the center of the river and back to the bank where boating is started
4. Evening Aarti taking place here in the evening. which is memorizing experience to witness. if you are travelling here in the evening, then don't miss the AartiWritten 24 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is in Vrindavan which is outskirts of Mathura city. Not a very big place but one time visit is good.Written 31 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The original temple of Govind Devji, built by Man Singh I of Amber, in 1590 AD. The idol is now at Mandir Shri Govind Devji, Jaipur. It is an ASI-protected monument, and entry is free.
Hewn out of red sandstone, the edifice is a beautiful example of Hindu temple architecture. It is articulated as a three-story high structure on the outside while the interiors are triple-height and grand.
Observation: A similar workmanship is observed in the contemporary Mughal monuments of Fatehpur Sikri.Written 18 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The magnificent temple is carved out of marbles and is an example of flawless architecture. Kirtans from the devotees echoes and fills the atmosphere with bliss.Written 25 April 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very well made and peaceful ashram/temple. The entire exterior of the temple is made of marble. They also have a gowshala and a huge farm behind. Also there’s a small lilaghar at the bottom of the main temple where kids can enjoy.Written 10 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This place is famous for brother and sisters. It was a saying that once in a year brother & sister come here on bhai dooj and follow the traditions of holy bath and they are blessed.Written 6 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A bit far from the city so expect less crowd during afternoon time. Simple, clean and neat place to pray.Written 31 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Vrindavan
- The best day trips from Vrindavan according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Day Trip to The Taj Mahal, Agra with Mathura & Vrindavan from Delhi
- Private Exclusive Mathura & Vrindavan Tour from Agra (All-Inclusive)
- Vrindavan and Mathura from Delhi with Lunch
- Private Day Trip To Mathura and Agra
- braj dham tourism