Top Attractions in Chikkaballapur
What travellers are saying
- Bhoga Nandeeshwara Temple is part of the twin Hindu temples complex in the village located at the foothills of Nandi hills in Chikkaballapur district, a short drive out of Bangalore.
This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva, and there are other deites as well.
This is more than 1200 years old, protected by ASI. Very ornate, beautifully carved structures from stone, like many ancient Hindu temples. Perimeter of the main temple is surrounded by other ornate structures and smaller temples inside the complex. If you come out from Darshan during lunch time, you can have food (simple rice and sambar) within the premises served in a hall - it's self service.
But outside the main temple complex especially, disappointing to see the maintenance of many structures within the larger complex, including some at the boundary. Given the importance of the temple and history, a lot of work should be done to maintain these.
There are ponds inside and outside the temple. In September, the inner pond was not open to public as apparently some work’s to be done.
Overall, a great place to visit for darshan and puja, and witness beauty, art and history.Written 7 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We trekked to skandagiri from mahasamsthana math side (three hills away) in hot summer. This will be a supurb trek after rainy season. Please note that it is not a well marked route and without mobile connectivity, so keep a track of your bearing. I will call it a mild trek, but a very long one. Nature is amazing and one need to figure out route based on general direction. Keep a compass or GPS, or you are sure to get lost. Also, there is nothing to eat or drink so carry enough food/water. The only place you can eat is on the way back at templeWritten 1 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We were a group of 6 , including a whining 7 year old and a fit 70 year old, We started the trek early by 7 :30 A.M , it was nice and cloudy . We reached the peak within 45min.
Had home cooked breakfast at leisure , there were very few people around at the top . It is very calm and peaceful. Spent around 2 hours on top walking and around the place , enjoying the view and cool breeze.
By the time we got there was a lot of crowd , going uphill.
Start early to beat the crowd and heat.
Carry food or snacks as there are no hawkers , if you start early,
Please don't litter around and carry back your waste.
( Saw some so called "Hi Fi Youngsters" and irresponsible ones throwing away at uses bottles and wrappers at the hills and near the parking areas).Written 4 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Architecture is really good but lacks maintenence. We feel positive energy flowing in the temple.This temple has a history of 1000+ yearsWritten 17 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Well...a super Sunday on the Avalabetta. This place is very nice for you to enjoy your early mornings with your family and friends. We visited this place on Sunday morning by 11 AM (better to start early morning) parked the car at the foothill. Vehicles are allowed at the top but don not miss the trekking which is not very long. Visited this place with my Husband, son and brother.
Things to keep in mind
1. Carry water along with the caps as it will be sunny.
2. Keep your bag safe if you carrying eatables reason being 100s of Monkeys at the top.
3. If accompanied by kids, please have a eye on them because near the temples there are no safety grills around.
4. Lots of photospots, do not forget to click.
5. The main photo point (overhead rock) is closed due to security reasons.
6. Would be better if you park the vehicle at down or else you will miss the trekking.Written 20 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- If you go around places around Nandhi hills then go here to visit the temple.We feel peaceful over here and it feels good to be hereWritten 17 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The fort looks deserted as very few people visit this place. The fort looked like well guarded with multiple layers of defensive walls. This concept of multi tier fort walls is seen in almost all the forts in Karnataka. By the view of the ruins at the base of the fort, it looked like the fort was breached (at least the lower half). The front gates are getting renovated and we can see a huge iron gate being put up.
Tip: As you climb up, you will find a deep gorge on the left. In case lucky, you will spot monitor lizard. Please maintain silence as you move towards it as slightest disturbance will make it hide.Written 31 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is a bare minimum hotel. No frill rooms. The parking is far from the hotel rooms. The room where we stayed had a strong sewage smell. Management is new and need to do more for the guestsWritten 16 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A place near to Bangalore , for experiencing an Westeren Ghats stay.Full of greenery and best suited for all age groups and individuals . A marvellous and amazing place to explore various activities like Sports, photography and adventours games and events.
Most suited for open air gatherings and Small functions.Well behavied and humble staffs with best hospitality. Well maintained rooms with good service.
A must visit place for relaxing with family and friends along with nature.Written 15 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This temple is about 15 Kms from Bhoga Nandeeshwara Temple and is located on hill top. This is also old temple built in 9th century and the carvings and sculptures are beautiful. This is also a Siva temple.The view of the city below from temple is beautiful. The only thing we were upset was the parking/entry to temple area which is INR 100.Food is available right outside the temple and there is also a view point. Nice place to visit.Written 29 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Our team enjoyed every moment of the stay at Discovery Village – Nandi Fort. We enjoyed relaxing in the fabulous pool, your staff have been very polite & courteous, the trainers were very enthusiastic & motivating throughout the physical fun team activities, the ambience & backdrops for our photoshoots have been amazing, the zip line & pottery activities were exciting & not to miss the food was very tasty & decent. The drums experience was fantastic Of all, the rope challenge activity was very thrilling & adventurous that kept us all going & gave us a message that we need to struggle a lot in order to reach our goals - something that has given all of us memories for life!!
Overall, It was a wonderful & unique experienceWritten 7 August 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We were on a day drive trip and spotted this place just by luck. Though there are timings, we were allowed to enter. There is a nominal fee of 10 Rs per head. The park is worth a visit.
We found many interesting tree species. They are well marked, though some boards are in kannada and we could not read. There is a nice place for kids to play. I would definitely recommend it if you have young kids.
Well maintained, neat and clean. Worth a visit if you are nearby, especially if you have kids or keen on looking at some tree species.
local is 13.402 N, 77.727 E. In google map it is marked as Jinke Vana ParkWritten 1 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Chikkaballapur
- The best outdoor activities in Chikkaballapur according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Chikkaballapur on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Chikkaballapur according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Full-Day Nandi Hills Countryside Tour by Bike
- Full-Day Treasures of Nandi Hiking Adventure from Bengaluru
- A Day At Nandi
- The most popular things to do in Chikkaballapur with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Chikkaballapur on Tripadvisor