- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- A small oasis of tranquility and shade that is worth visiting after visiting the Old Fort.
Small park located between the fort and the sea, which has a small kiosk.
It is part of the Old Town promenade, where there are rows of old cannons and from where you can have good views of some coastal islands.
Recommended.Written 3 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just great to wander through the old town, down narrow cobbled streets then onto the harbour and just watch the various boats from little to large coming and going.Written 11 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Not exactly a shopping place for most tourists and yet a place to visit. A market of vegetables and other needs basically for the local inhabitants. An odd souvenir pickup of local handicraft. Backpackers dot it the most.Written 8 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The exterior of the fort is in good condition. There is not much left on the interior. There are a lot of souvenir stands in the fort. There are also some artists' studios as well. Please note that the artists' do not like their pictures taken. The merchandise is really no different from other stores in town.Written 24 July 2021
- This is a very unique artistic place.
The henna paintings are equisite! The ladies are extremely talented using this painting technique.
I have purchased one of their artworks and wish had a bigger luggage to take more!
They also do body henna painting in store, so I had my hand done.
A must visit place if one loves art.Written 8 August 2022
- A great place with great salesmen!
Not too pushy, but behaving as they should upon a customer. They offered many paintings for a good price, and we were very satisfied.Written 27 November 2022
- If you are a Mercury/Queen fan it is a fun stop feel a connection. More like a wall of recognition. Similar to being where other famous people lived as kids if you like connections. OverpricedWritten 30 December 2022
- A bit off the beaten path, this temple is quite lovely on the inside. Although you are supposedly allowed to take pictures (when there is no service), the temple keeper refused to allow pictures to be taken. Do visit, but don't expect a warm welcome.Written 24 July 2021
- Malindi Mosque is the oldest mosque of Zanzibar, about 500 years old. It is located in densely populated area of Malindi near the Ferry Terminal and mouth of Zanzibar port. It has a unique cone type minaret on a square platform which is very rare in Muslim world. It is the oldest part of Stone Town with narrow winding streets and old style houses with typical cultural touch of Zanzibar. The area is abundantly populated by Muslims. The mosque was originally built by Sunni Muslims and named Minara Mosque.Written 17 February 2017
- Beautiful colonial building near the ferry terminal. Inside, on the ground floor and first floor, are exhibits with photos and information boards about old times on Zanzibar. It’s well worth half an hour of your precious time - and for free to boot!Written 1 February 2022
- This square is centrally located but it is not a touristic destination even though there are some good hotel in the square or nearby and also a lot of taxi.
Just a couple of minutes of walk to reach the beach and the sea.Written 11 October 2019
- We had a very greate experience at Aromas. We found a pretty fabric on the day we were going home, and he made us 20 napkins from the fabric in just 2,5 hours.
It was lovely to visit the store, as they were not pushy but respectful.Written 26 January 2023
- I recommend to book a car from Kibe,we would do so again! No problem with early return (5am), also pick up. Nice man.Great super clean car including the kid safechair. Kibe arranged everything ontime including the local driving licence.Written 30 January 2023
- This is an amazing store with a super interesting owner/ coin master ;)
We really loved so many pieces and it took us forever to decide which ones to buy. The coin-necklaces are so beautiful and unique - and for a great price. We are so happy to have found this amazing store and recommend it whole-heartedly!Written 25 May 2022
- Leave the tacky souvenir shops all selling the same crap behind, find your unique handmade product here and support the locals.Zanzibar has the prettiest souvenirs, when looking for a souvenir or a gift ,zivansh is your go to shop. A place where you can be sure the products aren't 'made in china' ( like many tourist shops products are) but all is locally produced, empowering the women of the country.
Get your zawadi (gift) or souvenir here.. it won't have the tacky 'Zanzibar' or 'hakuna matata ' prints, you'll find unique gifts that'll last for years. I always leave with a bag full ,as I can't resist..Written 31 October 2022