- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 194
What travellers are saying
- Enjoyable ride from Dar Es Salaam to Zanzibar and back. For 35 dollars per person. I paid by card at a counter (it said VIP counter, but I bought economy tickets). I suggest you this counter if you want to pay by card. I am not sure the other counters have card readers... Some people say it's crowded, but it's not exactly true. It's Africa. Everything is slow here. If you are in a hurry, it won't work. But why are you in a hurry on holidays? If you arrive two hours before your journey, there will be a very small queue at that counter, only like two or three people in front of you. Have a safe journey!Written 27 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Professional company with experience and safety drivers.
It was easy to communicate with and best cost has been provided. Always were reaching the place as per scheduled times.Written 6 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited Zanzibar and used this taxi company Stonetown - Nungwi - airport.
Nice and clean car, friendly driver, perfectly on time.Written 6 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We have spent around 10 days on Zanzibar. Before we went there we looked to the reviews for taxi/transfers and Mr Othman was exceptionally rated. So we tried him and contacted him by WhatsApp a couple days prior to our trip. First transfer was of course to pick us from the airport and bring us to our hotel in Paje. Everything went well so we decided to use him for all transfers on the island. What can we say, he was always in time, always safe driving and always extraordinary friendly. Additionally he had a very nice way of telling us something from the island or when we have passed a specific spot what it is about. On our last day he organized for us a guided tour on a spice farm and later brought us to our hotel in Stonetown for our last night on Zanzibar. Also to mention that payment by credit card is possible prior to the trip. To find out the rate you just need to tell him the route or destination and he supplies you with the rate very shortly. Overall we would like to thank Mr Othman very much for taking care of us during our trip and wish him all the best. Asante sana.Written 17 October 2022
- Mr Tibu is a wonderful and kind gentleman.
We really enjoyed driving with him and talking about various topics.
We designed our own tour and arranged with Mr. Tibu to drive us.
If I had known how nice he was, I would have booked all the trips with him!Written 29 November 2022
- Rajeb was as good as they get. Everything i beredd from him he could deliver for me. I even forgot to buy some stuff from the spice farm, so he went and bought it for me. I highly recommend rajeb for everybody.Written 8 November 2022
- My friend, who is a tourist guide, work with Eddie before and he gave me his contact. Eddie organised our transfers and also day trips. It was the best decision, that we went with his company. Transports were always on time, vans clean amd comfortable. We had a few drivers and they were all great. Safe driving and they were always smiling and helpfull.
He also organised day trips for us. He gave us the best prices ( for the family ) and we really enjoyed on them ( spice farm, Prision island, safari blue...).
We were on Stone town, east side of the island and north. Traveling was much easier, because Eddie organised it. He always responded imedialtly if we had some questions.
I highly recommend him.Written 13 November 2022
- Khalid is so professional, very helpful & nice person we’re glad he was our guide in our honeymoon he helped us a lot in everything related to the tours and places to goWritten 26 October 2021
- Rama drove us around the island for transport en a tour to Jozani forest. He's on time, drives good en is nice to have around.Written 23 February 2022
- Two families of total (8 people) traveling together.
Abdull is a good guide.
We had a very good experience with him.
He knows a lot of the history of Zanzibar, so you would not miss anything.
He was a good companion when we went to Kendwa beach for a whole day.
And if we ever needed something we could call him because he was available all the time.
This is a flexible man that is good in what he does!!
He is very nice and a easy person to talk with.
He is fluent in English so for people who hesitates, don’t!! You will get the best experience.Written 3 December 2022
- I recommand because they're professional, they prepared the local permit before we arrive, we got the car at the airport and returned it there which was very comfortable for us with no waiting in agencies etc. We had a battery issue with the car but they sent someone to help in less than 5 minutes.Written 2 October 2022
- Thank you for an amazing trip!
We were a group of 4 and spent whole day with Moody. He took us to do snorkeling and then Baraka aquarium, Kendwa Rock beach. The whole trip was smooth and without any issues. Moody is a super nice guy, very careful and happy to tell you anything about Zanzibar. We had an amazing time and I would recommend him 100%!
Lucie, Kristyna, Jan, LukyWritten 5 December 2022
- Omar came recommended to me by my hotel (Emerson Spice) and I am glad I took their recommendation. He picked me up from the airport and I decided to use his taxi service for my entire trip. He is friendly and polite, was always on time, his vehicle is clean and efficient, he gave good travel advice and even shared his knowledge of the island’s history and culture. I highly recommend him to fellow travellers. I will definitely recommend him to my friends and will use his service again if I ever return. Thank you Omar for the great experience!Written 7 December 2022
- Zanzibar was wonderful with Ramson as a guide. We were impressed by the politeness, warmth and availability he showed in any situation.Written 3 February 2022
- We did a safari blue with Fabian and his crew. It was an amazing experience! He was very well prepared and super helpful throughout the entire trip. We left on time and his boat was not overcrowded like the others (just the four of us plus 4 other adults and the crew). On the sandbank he served a variety of fresh fruit and cold drinks. He knew a lot to tell about nature, the mangrove lagoon we visited afterwards, the fallen baobab tree, the sailing and all. Lunch on the deserted island was amazing, rice, chips and stew with chicken and seafood (crayfish, tuna, shrimps, octopus and calamari). Snorkeling was nice, as well. Overall a great service and experience, totally recommend booking with him!Written 12 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Zanzibar City
- These experiences are best for transportation in Zanzibar City:
- Zanzibar Slave Routes Tour: Excellent Panoramic Stone Town Tour
- Zanzibar Full Day experience
- Private Airport to any hotel transfer
- Travel With Cashless & Easy Online Booking
- Airport & Hotel Transfers