- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Had a wonderful massage and traditional scrub with Asha. I came in sore and achy from 40+ hours in airports and on planes, and left feeling amazing. The scrub was especially lovely, a real treat. I’m hopelessly ticklish and don’t always enjoy massages, but Asha was super considerate about that and checked with me multiple times to make sure I was comfortable. Her technique worked really well for me. the ladies who run the shop are helpful in giving recommendations for treatments and if you want to buy any of their products, and everything is natural and locally made and of course it all smells amazing. Overall their customer service was excellent in a way that was super down to earth - if you’re looking for everyone to treat you like you’re gods greatest gift that’s definitely not the vibe, it’s more like the therapists and staff are genuinely kind and helpful and the whole experience feels very human. (Sometimes spas feel inauthentic, sterile and uncomfortable to me, like I don’t belong because I’m not a multimillionaire, and that was not at all my experience at Mrembo.)
I thought it was good value for money, and I have no complaints paying a bit more at women-managed small businesses than I would at an assembly line massage at a resort. My only regret was that I didn’t have time for a pedicure too!Written 21 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Annie from the spa is amazing!! She went above and beyond with my facial and massage. By far the best massage I have ever had!!! Thank you soooo much! I feel fantastic!! The facial massage she gave me towards the end was beyond this world.Written 14 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Competent spa therapist Ayu. Clean premises. Beautiful and spiritual experience.
Easily accessible. Combination of traditional balinese medicine, physiotherapy, modern spa therapy and kind serviceWritten 1 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a full service spa that offers nail services. I had just gotten a pedi before traveling but the polish didn't last beyond day three. I only needed a polish change, so I came here because of their high rating and lots of reviews in English.
You can get a mini pedi for $30 USD, which removes your old polish, files nails, and applies new color. I got just the color change for 23,000 shillings ($10 USD) and didn't have to wait at all. I had a choice of about 25 different bottles of polish but only a few variations on the same three colors and didn't see what I was looking for but chose one. They start with a clear base coat, which a lot of places skip for quick color applicatipn. She did a good job applying the color but missed some sides and edges on a few toes.
The atmosphere is lovely and relaxing.
Overall, I was pleased and recommend them.
I would return if I come back to Stone Town.Written 23 February 2020
- The spa is a somewhat confined space but it should not detract from the expertise of the friendly staff and quality of the treatment.After 8 days scuba diving I decided on a 1 hour deep tissue massage to relieve aches and pains and it worked a treatment.I decided to have my hands and feet worked on as well as they were very dry from constant exposure to sea salt water and sun and the treatment was thorough and was very satisfied with the end result.The prices are very reasonable and during quiet periods you can request a 10% discountWritten 17 November 2022
- Jacinta knew that I needed a back and neck massage instead of a full body, and I was thankful. Unfortunately, she was the only one there, so she had to tend to the front desk as well. I hope Faith SPA will be in more places around the world. Asante sana, Jacinta.Written 27 December 2022
- Upon meeting Hamisi we immediately became friends. He is soft-spoken and welcoming and knows many of the great Tingatinga artists around Tanzania. His prices are fair and he will tell you all about the style and culture of Tingatinga. Also, he is an incredible masseuse! He was trained in Japan in chiropractic massage. I had some neck pain after traveling and after one session with Hamisi I felt totally better- highly recommend!Written 21 April 2021
- I Really enjoyed this moments in Zanzibar with Agnes and Rose.
They are really profesionals and well trained.
We went there 3 times during our stay and after a safari it was my dust detox moment.
Prices are cheaper than in a hotel or others spa in stone town. They are really flexibles for the hours of the massages.
I really recommand this place.Written 17 October 2021
- Come to Zanzibar in hotel Verde make your body relaxing in mayflower, experience professional workers with talented.Written 5 October 2022
- This is a gym with a fantastic community and the best gym you will find in Stone Town. Its newly renovated with super helpful people and keeps growing and getting better every day. The owner is super nice as well as the staff.Written 23 December 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Zanzibar City
- These are the best places for couples seeking spas & wellness in Zanzibar City:See more spas & wellness for couples in Zanzibar City on Tripadvisor