- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
47 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 47
What travellers are saying
- These guys stole my heart. They are honest and frank and kind people. I'd like to hang out with them in my free time and speak about art, life and everything.Written 28 February 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Really great tour with pro guide, you can see a lot of plants and our guide was nice and informative. If you stay in Zanzibar, it’s a must. Special praise to the guys Salim and Bosco. Highly recommended.Written 3 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were waking by Hurumzi Street, tired and had a lot of language but this mini Market provided a convenient stop over to rest and make a quip pick of essential daily use items, drinks, chocolate and biscuits.Written 2 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Is an African traditional market where you can find anything you want in very good prices. A place where all sellers come to trade their goods. Everywhere you see there are colours and smells. Many fruits and vegetables, meats and fish and many other goods.
It is usually very crowded especially on sundays and a little bit dirty.
Is something that you are not familiar with but worth a lot a vist to see the tradition and the culture.
Spice corners are full of amazing smells and coloursWritten 15 January 2021
- This is a very unique artistic place.
The henna paintings are equisite! The ladies are extremely talented using this painting technique.
I have purchased one of their artworks and wish had a bigger luggage to take more!
They also do body henna painting in store, so I had my hand done.
A must visit place if one loves art.Written 8 August 2022
- The architecture and people of Zanzibar are wonderful to photograph and Stone town is worth staying at least 2 nights before heading for the most amazing beaches.Written 18 May 2016
- Nice little space in one of the alleyways. It sells handmade products, handicrafts, paintings and soaps. Bought 2 soaps which were elegantly wrapped in handmade paper and smelt nice.Written 29 January 2018
- The beautiful which hosts the Cultural Arts Gallery it's quite attractive because it has been restored preserving the old structure.
The exposition itself it's not very interesting but it's agreable enough to spend some time.Written 12 October 2019
- We had an excellent experience at Aromas of Zanzibar. The owner is very friendly and helpful and their outstanding products are amazing
If you walk through stone town you see the same products & designs everywhere but this shop and the owner are innovative and creative.
And the atmosphere is very nice.
If you are in Stone Town pass by there, support their work and get yourself one or two nice Kitenge items!Written 1 September 2022
- This is an amazing store with a super interesting owner/ coin master ;)
We really loved so many pieces and it took us forever to decide which ones to buy. The coin-necklaces are so beautiful and unique - and for a great price. We are so happy to have found this amazing store and recommend it whole-heartedly!Written 25 May 2022
- One of the best gift shops in Stone town. Unlike other shops in Stone town Zivansh has a selection of unique gifts and customized t-shirt. What however sets this shop apart and make it the best is the service. Their customer service is compared to non - we where welcomed by Rev and her assistant and will definitely be back to pick up some more stuff.Written 26 September 2022
- I highly recommend Zanzibar Dreams, they have different and diverse trips and a very professional and welcoming team. We reserved with them 4 trips and all of them were unique and amazing.
They made our days remarkable and unforgettible.
Thank you Angel, Hassan, Mario, Ali, the drivers and all the Zanzibar Dreams family 🌸💗Written 13 September 2022
- Normally I don’t review shops but I’ll make an exception for Memories. The reason being this was the only place in Stone Town where I found a couple of titles by Zanzibar author and Nobel prize laureate Abdulrazak Gurnah. This is certainly worth mentioning!
Of course it’s convenient to have everything from spices to gemstones under one roof. But for shopping souvenirs, clothes, etc I’d rather support one of the myriad of hole-in-the-wall shops scattered around the maze of alleys.Written 4 February 2022
- This spice company is organic-certified, fair trade, does ethical work with Zanzibari farmers and has super high quality products. After learning about them and inquiring they generously offered an informal tour of their warehouse and processing center and they’ve got the most friendly, informative and passionate team. It feels good to buy spices that are such high quality and support locals. Please don’t waste your time buying spices on gimmicky spice tours and just shop here. These products make great gifts for family and friends (especially if you add their free brochure that details the company’s history, mission, pics). You’ll find their products in some hotel gift shops and other tourist shops too, but their store has the most inventory. They’ve also recently opened a new shop on Gizenga street in stonetown which is equally as great. Elizabeth is the store manager and she is the sweetest! This place is right next to Emerson Spice Hotel so ask for directions there and you can’t miss it :)Written 1 July 2022
- This shop is hands down one of the most amazing places for antique finds in the world and has some real treasures that you won’t find anywhere else. Expect to spend hours browsing but don’t expect a warm welcome or customer service of any kind because you won’t get it. The owner lives up to the reputation and then some. The prices are extortionate but it’s good fun having a look at least so definitely visit.Written 2 February 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Zanzibar City
- These experiences are best for shopping in Zanzibar City:
- Stone Town tour + Prison Island and Snorkeling Tour in Zanzibar
- Stone Town City Tour
- Spice tour & Stone Town Zanzibar secrets - Zanzibar
- Experience Zanzibar by Stone town Walking Tour
- Made In Zanzibar
- These are the best places for groups seeking shopping in Zanzibar City:See more shopping for groups in Zanzibar City on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for shopping in Zanzibar City:See more romantic shopping in Zanzibar City on Tripadvisor