- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Falls in the middle of Kerala forest is well maintained and clean, strict rules are enforced about not throwing plastic and waste about, which is a good initiative. Few pointers
1. You need to take only the local forest bus up to the falls so you need to buy tickets. During the day, queues can be quite long. So go early or ensure one person from your group stands in line before another buys the tickets
2. There is a small cafe where the bus drops you off near the falls. Limited items available. You may have a long wait before you are able to actually get what you paid for.
3. The walk up to the falls and even down to the bathing area is very uneven and slippery at times, so be careful while walking.
4. The view point at the top is beautiful, although a very steep walk ahead
5. There is a changing room for the women, which is a huge plus point.
6. If visiting during day, advised to carry enough water and small snacks while you wait to get on the bus.
7. Treat people with respect! And don’t be a nuisance!
Beautiful views, nice memories to create 😀 worth the visit if you’re up to quite a hike.Written 26 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very Good place for sunrise and sunset . Canopy ride through the lake will give romantic feeling .. Avoid the boating after 11 to 4 .Written 14 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Where would you like to spend an evening with your family, especially if you have kids? Do you think it is comfortable if the leisure spot is within the city? If your answers are yes to both questions, then Kollam Beach is the right place to spend some memorable time in the evening. (Never try to walk to the sea, it will be a memorable day for your family). The Corporation Park is an excellent place where kids and adults can enjoy it for a mere sum of Rs.20. per person. As soon as you are done with the park (trust me, it takes some time), you can walk into the beach and get busy with kite flying or horse riding. You can find plenty of free space to sit and enjoy the sunset even on crowded weekends. A word of warning: you will be safe as long as you avoid walking to the waves.Written 20 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A good place to spent the evenings far from the noisy town !
Also, an apt place if you are a camera bug.Written 27 January 2021
- This beautiful waterfalls is opened now. Few safety arrangements have been made. Also few amenities viz. parking, change room etc has been made available. Water is aplenty now. Also, the roads from Achenkoil is superb; But from punalur to Achenkoil stretch is very bad.Written 22 July 2022
- i have visited with my friends where we can see different types of birds but limited animal while we are in this place we get pleasant relaxationWritten 28 August 2018
- Huge crowd at the time of our visit and we really experienced a hard process for parking my car. Due to the enormous crowd we didn't spot any individual experience in this beach...Written 4 September 2019
Supr view point.. Fresh air overall view.. Enjoyment. Photo shoot supr place morning
&evenging best timeWritten 7 February 2021
- This is nice place for to be visit but we are not entertained on there. We are see that place and we suddenly returned and it's a average place for to see.Written 28 March 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Kollam
- These are the best places for kid-friendly nature & parks in Kollam:See more nature & parks for children in Kollam on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking nature & parks in Kollam:See more nature & parks for groups in Kollam on Tripadvisor