Top Attractions in Kannur
What travellers are saying
- Amazing place to relax in the evening especially for sunset 🌇 !!! The drive in Beach is so clean and tidy.
Bit crowded in the weekends ....Written 14 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Relatively clean, very less clouded, secluded beautiful beach with nice golden sand. We went in the afternoon and there was no-one around. The route leading to the beach is quite narrow and ends abruptly but since not many people go there its unlikely you’ll get stuck in traffic.
In case you want to spend long hours there, i recommend carrying your own food.Written 17 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This crescent shaped beach is right in the city and is one of the attractions of Kannur. There is no beach life here . Almost all visitors come here to enjoy the gentle breeze and view the sunset. So much can be done here to promote the beach but nothing is done here.Written 4 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The temple amazes you with its architecture and ambience. In the morning, at 9:25 am the temple closes for pooja and is closed for an hour. (Please note that I am sure about 9:25 am timing but not sure about re-opening time. Anyway it is more than an hour). So plan accordingly. Bags are not allowed inside but you can give it at the security inside the main gate. Not even sling bags are allowed at the time of my visit. Wash rooms are available outside the templeWritten 19 November 2022
- Enjoyable for a morning stroll (as later in the day it gets humid).
Walk around, submerge yourself into the ancient history of Kerala. There is even a grave from a Dutch lady who pasted away many centuries ago and had old Dutch inscriptions engraved in the tombe.
Bring your camera and enjoy the views!Written 16 September 2022
- The campus of this lighthouse has a museum of navy as well as view point at the end. One can buy tickets to clim atop this lighthouse. Super view from atop.Written 22 September 2022
- Visited on Ayilyam Day so was crowded. So parking space was limited but available. You pass by the side of the famous stepwell pond to the temple. The Pond is a must see due to its geometrical design. You can dip your feet before you proceed to the temple. Lord Subramania is in serpent form in the temple. Lord Ayyappa is just outside the main temple. Egg is the main offering here to get rid of Sarpa Dosha.Written 19 November 2022
- I visited this place during my stay and is absolutely fabulous place. Good spot for picnic. The place was cool since its winter. The photo shoot was perfect and recommend people to travel this placeWritten 26 November 2020
- If you wanna spent some peaceful time let's come..not malls, shops, vehicles...just pure air❤️
Evening you can hear some peaceful songs from temples, and baanku vili from mosque.Written 15 November 2020
- It's a cool place to hang out with family. Very reasonably priced and with adequate play zones and recreational facilities. Food stalls and boating in the beautiful river makes it a memorable outing. Would love to go back.Written 30 December 2019
- We landed on dharmadam by chance which was not much on itenary. After checking out few places we were not very happy and then thought of trying dharmadam.. To our surprise place was awesome with no one around. Amazed to see such a clean beach in India.. It is amazing...Try this place in early morning hours and you will get the best out of it. There is an island which is accessible by walk if the tides are not very high. Have a beach walk,meditate, feel serenity and come back after having a cup of tea in one and only local tea shop in the beach😊Happy travelling...Written 4 January 2020
- Kottiyoor temple is known as Dakshina Kasi and the Vaishaka Festival at Akkare Kottiyoor is world famous. The main temple is opened throughout the year except for the time when the riverside deity is worshipped in Vaishaka month.
Temple is situated around 45kms from the new Kannur Airport, which is 1 hour 30 minutes drive by car.
Lord Shiva is the main deity.Written 23 October 2019
- Kavvayi is a group of small islands, near Payyannur in the Kannur district of Kerala state in India. It has been mentioned by name by significant global travelers, including Marco Polo, Ibn Battuta and Abdul Feda. The island was originally named "Kavvill Pattanam" and Chinese ships used to dock here to sell goods and take spices back home.
The Kavvayi Backwater is the third largest backwaters in Kerala and the largest one in north Kerala. The beauty of the place can be best explored on Kayaks and country boat cruises,, preferably in early morning and late evenings. Kannur district has 80 percent of the mangrove population in Kerala, and Kavvayi has some of the most picturesque ones.
Kavvayistories organises curated mangrove kayaking and camping trips, and we were lucky to discover them whilst we planned our trip to Kavvayi. Jithin was extremely helpful and put us novices at total ease. Given the limitation with the no of people who could travel on one kayak, he helped us by taking care of our son. The mangroves are beautiful, and very photogenic - just perfect for the instagram pics. We so wish we could have also planned for the night camping that Kavvayistories organises. That's something we will definitely do the next time we are in Kannur.
Kayaking at Kavvayi is a must visit, and jithin and team are very highly recommended.Written 6 January 2022
- It is a mini zoo, ther is crocodile so many birds like owl, eagle, peacock. Monkey, we all family enjoyed this park very much.Me and my family went to the snake park in this last week with my family, this is a mini zoo. So many other animals also inside in this parkWritten 17 April 2022
- Located in Parassinikadavu, almost 18 kms. from Kannur city, this park needs more rides to get value for money. The giant wheel was not operational when I visited last week. In-house restaurant, though slightly expensive for the food provided, is okay. The staff was helpful throughout. The rates should be brought down in line with the rides offered.
One can combine a visit to Parassinikadavu Muthappan Temple, Snake Park and Vismaya in one go.Written 18 October 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Kannur
- The best day trips from Kannur according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Kerala Theyyam Ritual Dance From Kannur
- Nine to Four: A Slice of North Malabar by Tyndis - Full Day Tour
- Kannur City Half Day Private Sightseeing Tour with Guide
Kannur Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 3:36 AM|