Top Attractions in Kohima
What travellers are saying
- We spent 2 days watching the performances of the many tribes. Rich in color and diversity.
We also took the opportunity to hike in the Dzukou valley. Pretty landscapes.
We had taken a guide from Kolkata (Dep Biswas), but we got it wrong because he was poor and a bit stingy.Written 18 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Really nicely preserved war memorial. You can read the soldier names and realize war is never glorious. It’s loss of so many young men. Nice and lace to spend half an hour. It would be good if some guides are there for history buffs.Written 19 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The makeshift village depicts the houses and culture of different tribes. We went in last week of December . There were no one present. Garbage everywhere . It would be so much better if there are guides to explain. Not sure whether it was due to the festive time. The place seemed to be a leftover of hornbill festival and completely unattended.Written 19 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We reached here just before sunset and witnessed the different hues of sky during sunset. I could also record a small time lapse clip of this natural phenomenon.
On our way back, we came across Mithun, State animal of Nagaland. This was the only wildlife we came across, hardly any birds in the jungle.Written 31 January 2020
- Good projection of the various Naga tribes and their lifestyle ...... good introduction to Naga culture past and present....
Could do with better maintenance and availability of brochures....Written 20 March 2019
- The climb up and down is steep alomost 18km both ways 10hours .complete forest climb and descend .
If you want to save some effort and time pls insist for car drop and pick till end of the dirt rd after Japfu Christian church .. you may need to pay for the car drop and pick up ..but trust me you will enjoy Japfu climb and descent ..Written 9 March 2020
- Very well-maintained church--at perhaps the highest point in Kohima! Access is quite difficult -- with fair amount of walking. Quite a large prayer hall--with excellent gallery type seating!Written 21 December 2021
- You can definitely visit here. It’s huge with colorful glass designs inside. Church ambience is always very pleasant . Structurally it was very different. Probably inspired by the home designs of Nagaland .Written 19 January 2022
- Lots of local foods and lots to see.
Basement is meat and fish.
All sorts of odd stuff to see.
Frogs, birds, snails, worms 😝, and muck much more.Written 18 September 2017
- AZ Phizo Memorial is next to New Secretariat at Kohima. Visit for a short time will help you understand the life of AZ PhizoWritten 10 August 2019
- Shilloi Lake is a beautiful place to visit, very scenic place and can come here to enjoy peace and tranquilityWritten 10 August 2019
- This Zoo of Kohima is nice to see and good attraction for children especially. A tourist place in Kohima.Written 4 February 2018
- It is an ordinary building in need of repairs and is the Old Secretariat..wondering why it is an attraction :)Written 10 August 2019
- Its very wonderful location, I have ever seen this. Specially the view of this point is really unforgettable.I am very happy to visit Nagaland.I am so happyWritten 28 November 2019
- Wonderful experience! Felt safe and hospitality was really good. Our guide Zapu was fun and supportive! We’re good friends now.Written 8 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Kohima
- The best outdoor activities in Kohima according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Kohima on Tripadvisor