Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Pahalgam
What travellers are saying
- If you are self driving your car (not a cab) no one would stop you & you can easily reach to the parking spot and take a walk from their, it has a entry fee(rs 100 pp) the scenery is very beautiful from inside there's a lake & mountain view between treesWritten 26 December 2022
- We were there in a local Innova cab (pain by itself due to high prices by union dictated cabs) and it is definitely worth going for. In all these scenic places, it is about mountains, trees, some rivulet and some ponies , and a meadow and a valley - once you see one, the others are not exciting by itself. But Aru is worth going to spend an hour.Written 3 September 2022
- Wow amazing time to be here hiking and cleaning shoes 👞 decent camping and adventure and Blu water 💧 swimming pool likesWritten 4 September 2022
- Good place great view and fantastic for pictures and family time
One of the most visited place by travellers we visited with family and enjoyed and clicked many memorable photos there spent good time and light snacks options nearby tooWritten 22 January 2023
- Very beautiful lake, best time to visit is may, june july , August & September, we went in the month of October though, one dayWritten 29 March 2021
- Quite, quaint, serene....... please drop by for 10 minutes to pay your respect. These may be last of the few old hindu artefacts left in Kashmir. In few years there may be none.Written 13 October 2022
- First, the end point called "Mini-Switzerland" is really scenic. Lovely large green meadows and a grand backdrop of pine trees and mountains. This has an entry ticket too (Rs 60). There are a couple of food stalls and toilet facilities as well.
This is typically reached by a horse ride. Important thing to note is that all other "points" mentioned in the board at the horse-hire area are all on the way to this. Pay only 1500 per person and nothing more. Ask for the point called Mini-Switzerland where you have to pay Rs. 60 as entrance fees.
Like mentioned in other reviews, the horse owners can really squeeze a lot more from you if you are not aware of the above.
If it is not raining and slushy, one can reach this place by foot as well if you are willing. The pony ride took us about 45 mins one-way.Written 10 October 2021
- Amazingly it's wonderful trek.one feels really a heaven.
If you will start a trekk from aru early in the morning. Then you can stay nefran meadows. If one will start trekk late morning he has to stay at Aram pathri a small valley covered by rocky mountains.
Then after one has invade the steep slopes to approach
The beautiful merismous Harbagvan lake.
Almost 80 kms return back trekk.Written 1 November 2020
- One of the eight spots, will be taken for a full package horse ride in Phalgham. Nice scenic place. Here locals may come with rabbits and hand it over to you, pose for photos and will ask for money.
Most locals , by their look seems very poor, depends on only these sort of revenues.Written 14 June 2022
- This valley was part of our pony ridewhich included Baisaran(mini swiss), Kashmir valley, waterdal dabyan etc. We paid extra for it.This valley situated almost top of the mountain, reaching here on pony is quite a task. But beware of pony wallas. They can show you valley seen from below as Deno Valley. This is not as wide as baisaran but offers spectacular views. Local run huts like hotels on top, You can have maggie and tea over there. Very less travellers visit here as it increase your pony ride time. We experience very small snowfall and saw himalayan monkeys playing on trees here.Written 10 March 2021
- I cannot pick a favorite part of my Tarsar Marsar trek. Everything was wonderful! Beautiful views of course. The entire experience was seamless thanks to Madventure. Food was great, tents and sleeping bags warm and clean. My guides were awesome and really made the trek for me. Thanks guys!
Ps Treks are customizable and Malik sees to every detail so enjoy!Written 13 September 2022
- Probably the most scenic golf course in the world. Don’t expect well maintain greens or fairways, club house etc. Just go with an open mind if you love the sport. Golf carts available, very reasonable prices and very friendly staffWritten 28 August 2022
- this is the shop we can get kashmiri handwork made items like shawls,articles and etc.no bargain.these items are locally made.i strongly recommend this shop for genuine products.Written 13 September 2018
- Shaban is an excellent guide and the right person to get in touch with for any activities you’d like to do in Pahalgam.. he’s easy to talk to.. knows the area and the surroundings well and is trustworthy when it comes to guiding you on what should be done on a particular day considering the weather conditions.
Me and my family did a whole day trip with him and his crew to Sudmargi and it turned out to be one of our best experiences of Kashmir!
Highly recommended!!Written 22 January 2023
- Umar is extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Exploring Pehalgam and the nearby areas became even more beautiful with him.Written 28 December 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Pahalgam
- The best day trips from Pahalgam according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Private Custom Tour: Pahalgam sightseeing with guide
- Srinagar to Pahalgam Full Day Excursion
- Private Custom Excursion Tour to Pahalgam from Srinagar with Guide
Pahalgam Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 8:27 AM|