Historic Sites • Points of Interest & Landmarks
Popular things to do
What travellers are saying
- Nice to know wat it takes for us Indian and Chinese boarder together in peace and thanks to Tempo Heritage Resort and Spa Gangtok for making this trip on our prompt request.Written 5 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- MG Marg is the heart of Gangtok and offers a lively and engaging experience for visitors. Its pedestrian-friendly design, shopping options, dining variety, and cultural events make it an essential stop for anyone exploring Gangtok's unique charm.Written 23 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent experience during Dewali. Luckily a cultural program was there and traditional dance was ongoing. Unforgettable experience. Must visit.Written 13 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very famous tourist place in Sikkim. Nice side view. Baba harbhajan singh temple. My family visit this place. No entry fees.Written 8 July 2023
- This is a divine experience to go and pay obeisance to lord Hanuman in this temple which is situated on a hill.Written 11 June 2023
- The zoo has some nicely laid out large enclosures for most animals. It’s set in a natural forest which makes for a pleasant walk. The walk is hard work at places so plan accordingly.Written 10 April 2023
- It was my best experience with my friends I have fun and learned many things about history of our country.Written 24 November 2023
- Great Place to hang out with friends and families as well.
It says a lot about Banjhakri,a Nepali Shamanic Diety and his wife Lamlamey.Written 1 October 2023
- This place is peaceful and calm in a serene environment, and is close to Do Drul Choten - Bhuddist temple. For someone who is interested to know more about Tibet and its lifestyle, this is the place for them.Written 7 June 2023
- We could see this cable car from our hotel window. We walked up and found the base station. We bought tickets which were only 130 each. We were last to enter a fairly full cabin. The views around as we went up were good.
The surprise came when we got to the top. The cabin slowed then stopped alongside the steps. We were last in and so should have been first out.
We weren't let out, the cabin started to desend and we went back down. No opportunity to get out and look around - a bit of a disappointment.Written 18 November 2023
- You can pay obeisance to Lord Ganesha in this temple and enjoy the lovely view of the valley after you reach at the top of the hill experiencing the divine surroundings.Written 21 June 2023
- worth visit. My dream to visit snow fulfilled here for the first time. The khandala waterfall and snow were not differentiable.Written 9 May 2022
- Good for flower lovers only. Else for people who want photo ops to take. Can give a skip unless you want on bucket listWritten 22 April 2023
- This is a very small View point in the middle of the town. One can just park the car on the roadside, to climb few steps to reach the tip of the hillock. You can find a small refreshment shop on this placeWritten 7 June 2023
- Gochala trek was outstanding.The views along the trek were awesome. We did a private trek with limboo tours and travels.The cook was first rate and even managed to cook a birthday cake in a pressure cooker. The 3rd day from Dzongri to Kockchurung was my favourite day with continuos snow.It was one tough trek which will be remembered for its beauty. The early morning view of Kanchenjunga/Mt pandim was exhilarating. We actually made it only till Samiti lake.I recommend this trek to everyone fit enough its a lifetime experience.Written 30 May 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Gangtok
- The best day trips from Gangtok according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Day Trip to Tsongmo Lake (Guided Private Sightseeing Tour from Gangtok)
- Day Excursion From Gangtok To Tsomgo Lake
- Day Trip to Tsongmo Namchi (Guided Private Sightseeing Tour from Gangtok)
- Touristic Highlights of Gangtok (Guided Fullday Sightseeing Tour by Car)
- Day Trip to Kalimpong (Guided Private Sightseeing Experience from Gangtok)
Gangtok Attractions Information
|Saturday, 7:18 am|