Marinas • Piers & Boardwalks
What travellers are saying
- It is best place to have a long walk with your family. It was really good for us to walk for a long time and feel little relaxed with the sea view. Little difficult to park the car, as we have to park it somewhere little away and walk from there to reach this placeWritten 9 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great temple to visit in the middle of the city. Great atmosphere with lot of Ganesha story and pictures depicted all over. A place not to be missed when in town. Please note photography is prohibited inside temple, but can carry inside the bag.Written 31 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fantastic clean beach with excellent views.
Need to get there via a boat, which is a nice pleasant ride.
Lost a star could do with more facilities, eg, sun loungers, more restaurants, etc. The best thing is that it's inexpensive a few hours outing.Written 25 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is a good place to visit and it will also not take much time. 10-15 mins is enough to visit this place. Best place if you want to do meditation. Phones much be switched off and no talking inside the building.Written 9 October 2023
- The Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is a Roman Catholic Basilica situated with the central city or old town of Pondicherry. This Basilica was built by French Missionaries back in the early 1900's, and the architecture is a beautiful, colorful blend of French and Indian design.Written 16 September 2023
- Good option for an early morning or evening walk/stroll. One a can easily spend couple of hours walking from one side of beach near to the Mahatma statue to the other end. Vehicles are prohibited in the road and the bye roads are packed with bike parking. Visiting the place on a self driven car is not practical as the approach roads are crowed and narrow.Written 31 October 2023
- Our Lady of the Angels - The church built in Greco-Roman style, casts an ethereal aura with pleasing light in soft hues, and uplifting towers pointing the unseen angels singing 'Gloria in Excelsis Deo'. Our Lady was addressed as Hail Mary, Ave Maria, by the angel Gabriel. The angels again announced the birth of her son to the shepherds. The church is nursed well by its keepers, tenderness, gentleness and grace fill the holy place. The mind can submerge itself in the surrounding peace away from the bedlam of the streets. This church is beautiful and the French Catholic influence is remarkable and enduring.Written 26 September 2022
- Situated in the busy area. Not many places to park the car. Car parking is the major problem across Pondy. Temple is well maintained and calmWritten 9 October 2023
- The boat house opens at 9 AM. First boat service starts at 9:30 AM. They could have started a bit earlier. The short boat ride is enjoyable. The paradise beach is very nice with river on one side and sea on the other. In summer, the sand gets very hot, making it a bit difficult to walk barefoot. But once you reach the seafront and dip into water it is really enjoyable. Very safe beach even for kids. There is a lifeguard at the beach. There are change rooms and wash rooms, but they are in pathetic condition. Public also very careless in throwing plastic bottles and waste here and there. However it was a very good experience overall!
The highlight was the seafood lunch we had at one Jellikettu restaurant, right opposite to the Chunnambar boat house on our return. For Rs. 840/- two of us had a sumptuous lunch with all sorts of seafood and chicken fries 👍Written 26 August 2023
- Gorgeous exterior which are intricately designed. The interior itself is nothing to write home about, but it provides a quaint, peaceful backdrop if you would like to have a quiet moment.Written 26 December 2022
- It is the only park which is near the Beach and due to the parking issues it looks crampy, but inside kids can enjoy and have a nice time and we as parents can rest too :-) .!Written 28 May 2023
- Its a nice hangout for an evening walk besides an esplanade. There are a lot of food joints as well.Written 15 May 2023
- 1999 war between India and Pakistan may not be acutely present in minds and memories of the visitors from other continents for whom it was “just a boarder war”. But young soldiers suffered and died. That is why it is good to have this monument present honoring the lost lives of heroes.Written 7 March 2023
- Maybe we hit a wrong time,or perhaps the changes in the water use pattern are driving away the birds, but this really didnt seem to be worth the long drive out unless you like to just sit and gaze at a man made water body with nothing else to enliven the view.Written 8 January 2020
- iskcon is lord krishna and lord rama temple in almost all city in india and also abroad.it is clean and well maintained temple.i went there on sunday so it was very crowded.it is beautiful temple which gives good peace of mind.Written 31 March 2019