- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
44 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 44
What travellers are saying
- There are superb hand made arts, paintings and handi crafts made and available here for sale. They are also available for subsidised prices. Each piece is a master piece. If you are an art lover you must visit the gallery at least once in your life.Written 25 November 2019
- Nothing that great about it. Shouldn't be considered a tourist spot. All fake items available here, thus they are so cheap. Similar markets are available in any other city.Written 24 February 2020
- We found Anokhi by chance while going to the beach road in Pondy... n couldn't stop shopping here. It's got very good collection and an equally helpful staff.
Though personally I feel the stuff was a bit over priced compared to the quality of cloth - but there is no denying the designs are amazing. And holidays are meant to do shopping. So I would suggest it's a must visit shop in Pondy.Written 21 January 2020
- Small art gallery with a big selection of local painting and art, worth looking during your wander up Bazar St LaurentWritten 4 November 2018
- I visited this place but I Haven’t seen any market here. There are few road side small shops but they cannot be called as a market. I also saw nothing special here.Written 1 December 2019
- This is my third visit entirely new location in a heritage home with new stuffs starting from postcards,notebooks,magnets,candles,tshirts,bags,coasters,clothings etc....it seems like there going to be a cafe soon all the best for the team .Harry the guy who works was very helpful. overall enjoyed the place with my friends.Written 20 November 2019
- Don’t miss the gem if you’re interested in shopping in Pondicherry. I stopped in while passing by and ended up with four high-quality reasonably priced kurtas. The woman who runs the shop is really kind, patient and passionate. Everything is made by tribal people with the proceeds going back to them. I went into a few stores in the more central area and found this one to be the best value.Written 4 December 2019
- if not for embroidery, it is amazing to see the heritage bunglow with high ceilings and wooden beams.simply superbWritten 21 February 2022
- Unique eco friendly items for personal use and gifting. Each piece is hand made. What was wonderful to learn was every person, who worked there was given an opportunity to allow their creativity to blossom. A must visit place in Pondicherry.Written 4 July 2022
- The market consists of various sections: fish, meat, vegetables and flowers. It is a riot of noise smells and colours as local vendors shout their offers of the day. It is full of every kind of ingredient you would need to produce a Tamil feast. The flower market is overwhelming in its colours. The non-stop bustle of sellers and buyers is in itself fascinating. The stall holders are friendly and happy to be photographed. On some maps the market is shown as the Grand Bazar. There is an eastern entrance through a faded arch on M G road past a motorbike park and entrances on all three other sides. Definitely a must visit in Pondicherry.Written 12 January 2020
- This is a wonderful little shop, which is also a small textile handicraft initiative and tailors. The shop has a fun collection of ready made clothes (adults and children), and little textile gifts and knick knacks, which is fun to browse. You can also get clothes made to your specifications, so if you are in Pondicherry for a few days it’s worth planning ahead.Written 9 April 2018
- Domus is an intriguing shop, with a lovely restaurant in an inner garden. Terrific lunch salads and beverages. A perfect place to take a breather.Written 10 March 2019
- Definitely worth a visit if your interested in perfumes and essential oils as they have a wide range at good prices. Bought some unusual oils that cannot be bought in Australia. Shop has some other gift ideas which are reasonably priced. Easy to find but they do close for lunch. Staff very friendly and helpful.Written 20 December 2017
- well located, well done store with beautiful ceramic crockery and chimes. Great place to buy books, perfumes, oils etc too. we alos picked some lovely handmade stoles. Excellent staff - knowledgable and helpfulWritten 4 July 2021
- Limited variety and items, exorbitantly priced. Managed to pick up similar items at one third the price at a not so up market shop.Written 21 February 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Pondicherry
- These are the best places for kid-friendly shopping in Pondicherry:See more shopping for children in Pondicherry on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly shopping in Pondicherry:See more budget-friendly shopping in Pondicherry on Tripadvisor