- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
7 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- I'm a somewhat experienced diver, but with experience comes age - and in my case, that means an arthritic knee that refuses to bend at just the wrong moment. James and his fantastic team (Shamir, Ivan, San and Zubleir - hope I got those names right!) took it all in stride and got me in and out of the boat like the gentlemen they are. They were very ably assisted by the expert, kind boat captain, Ludovic. I was quite happy to see his smiling face when I surfaced!
As you can imagine, I've seen quite a few dive ops over the years and I can say that this group is top notch. As all dives are guided, I felt reassured and safe having them with me. As they are all Mauritians, they speak brilliant French and English and they know the dive sites very well, as they've dived them most of their lives. I also observed them training new divers and I saw that they were patient, kind, and reassuring. In addition, I chatted with some experienced divers and they were pleased as well.
In sum, I highly recommend this group, whether you are just starting in the underwater world or are an advanced diver!Written 15 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Nice Spot,
And good food
I recommend this hotel when you are alone or with your lover
The spa is also very well managedWritten 19 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I would first of all thanks Avinash for his warm welcome on board of the scorpio..we were so touched by the incredible warmth of your generosity...he contributed somehow in making my vacation amazing..we wanted to swim with turtles..he brought us there..the spot was amazing..crystal clear water..and not to forget about the lobsters!!!
The lobsters tasted heavenly good 🤤
Thanks a lot for this amazing experience..I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND Scorpio Water taxi ☺️
Keep the good work!!Written 4 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I went shopping by taxi in Grand Baie'supermarket. Teh taxi was very clean and driver very polite and helpful, He left me at the Supermarket ad picked me up 2,30hrs later. Total price 500 rupiesWritten 27 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I had a neos signature which was really very good. The therapiste was so skillfull and caring which makes you feel very at ease. very cosy environment. highly recommended.Written 29 April 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We got scammed!
We rented two cars through Maki Car Rentals that we checked when we colected them. Both cars were used and had some scratches and dents in them. We know the drill and showed every little scratch and dent we could find. All in all we were happy with both cars and had no problems. Proir to returning we cleand the interiors of both cars and were happy that it all went great. However when we returned both cars they found »new scratch and dent« that we did not create. Before we got both cars we showed them both the scratch and the dent and there were so many that they simply put X mark on one area of the car.
Fot the damadge that they were saying was not marked right near the X sign we would have to pay 5.000 MUR for each car. We were 100% scammed and we did not want to give any money since we took great care of the car. The guy would not listen to us and made many phone calls. He trethreatened us with police and we said to call the police.
At first the guy made around 3 calls and said that police won't come to the hotel since they don't have time and we have to go to the police station. We said we won't go anywhere. Another 2 calls and police arrived in 1 minute.
The police was very polite and said we do not have to pay anything since we did not commit any accident. And also that our case is not police matter. So police left and the guy still insisted that we give him 10.000 MUR for the damadge that was on the car. We then negotiated by the phone with »the boss« and gave them 3.000 MUR for both cars without signing any papers or anything. So we are 100% sure we got scammed.
We highly advise you to check AND MARK ALL THE SCARTCHES AND DENTS BY YOURSELF. And also to take many photos of the car before you take it. We rented many cars before and this was the first time we rented a car by Maki Rentals and this happened. We wew simply scammed. We do not recommend this car rental company – but if you do decide to choose them, please be carefull and do your own check of the car!Written 29 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Hangar is more than just a bar. Come see
the impressive lineup of live music and
sports screening. And in everything we
do, we make sure that at least 5% of our
turnover goes to better our society.
That's because we love Mauritius. That's
because we care.
Join the project.
facebook.com/projecthangarWritten 18 October 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.