Top Attractions in Ratnagiri
What travellers are saying
- Absolutely stunning experince although it was crowded. Sand is combination of black and brown. Good experienceWritten 14 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The temple of Lord Ganesha is located just on the beach. The temple is serene and the moment you enter it you get peace of mind. There is rush generally on important festival days, sankashti chaturthi. If you want to have a peaceful darshan go on an odd day. There are shopping stalls on the beachside selling local stuff. It is a must visit place for all Hindus.Written 12 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This fort is located on a mountain and provides a spectacular view of the city. It is surrounded by the Arabian sea on three sides. There is an old temple inside and no other structure. Just before the temple, there is a viewpoint which is worth stopping. There is no entry ticket for this place.Written 18 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The temple is beautifully built and the gardens around are well maintained. We went in the evening around 7 PM and the whole place felt extremely peaceful. The moon was out and the whole frame with temple, moon and the gardens felt really mesmerising. You should visit the place if you are around.Written 14 August 2022
- If you want to experience azure waters and white sands with casuarina trees head straight to Ganeshgule beach. It's clean, pristine and simply beautiful ! Though the access is a bit isolated , it is just beautiful !Written 27 December 2021
- Devotional Spirituality has its mark on this peaceful Temple premises in Pawas with a good access. The quite surroundings help you to relax and shop around for quality local spices and Kokum sherbats.Written 27 December 2021
- Bhatey beach is very famous in ratnagiri. It can be reached by Auto from the bus stand. We reached there by own vehicle. People comes here in evening and it's view is totally amazing. Near the beach there are foodstalls. I can say one of must see place in Ratnagiri. Good lengthy beach football, volleyball cricket were being enjoyed.
However, flip part was lots of garbage on the beach.Written 9 February 2020
- One of the best beaches , totally un spoilt , spotlessly clean with white sands and a long area to admire the nature and the blue waters. Easily accessible. The mornings and evenings are the best time to visit.Written 27 December 2021
- Nice temple and Bhagwati devi idol is very beautiful. However the fort in which the temple is located is not at all maintained. Visit only for the temple and the sea view.Written 15 February 2021
- We visited this temple in December 2021. When you arrive and park your car it seems like some random old temple you would find in any village but my friend you would be blown by the beauty of this place once you start descending through the stairs. Few stairs down there is a small and very old temple of Lord Shiva. The place is very peaceful, calm and you could easily spend some time inside the temple, filling up your energy vibes. Then you can further go down the stairs and there it is the wide open sea with trees all around. You can sit on the stairs in silence and just enjoy listening to the waves crashing against the wall and going back. It is truly meditative just being there. Also, there is Gomukh over there from which a slow stream of water is coming out. This place is a hidden gem and definitely worth your time.Written 14 August 2022
- This is one of the oldest temples and moreover one of the very few dedicated to the Sun.
It is peaceful and well maintained temple. Nice architecture and nicely designed wooden arcs.Written 8 November 2021
- One of the best beach in India. You can visit with your friends and family... Natural beauty beach... Must see site..Written 24 July 2022
- It is located at extreme corner of the town but must be visited to capture panoramic view of Arabian sea. Since 5pm is closing time, must be planned accordingly.Written 11 January 2020
- This place is located on a hill top near Thibaw palace. It has a garden and a nice view top from the vertical tower. There is a ticket for entry but is worth it. For the kids there are a few rides.Written 18 August 2022
- Jaigad Fort is one of the attractions people visit when they are staying around Ganpatipule and Malgund. The fort is in ruins, nobody is around to tell anything about the fort. The only amazing thing about this fort is the mesmerizing views of the endless sea. The color blue has its own charm. You can find a spot and just sit for hours in peace as there is hardly any soul visiting. If a big group, plan a picnic day out there, I am sure it would be fun.Written 28 December 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Ratnagiri